Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rosetta Stone rsd files

Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    I have downloaded the Dutch language course from Rosetta Stone.

Original file is 3 .iso files. Have opened these with daemon tools, every iso file is now subdivided into 4 folders;
    data
    documentation
    language
    speech

data contains a whole load of rsd files
    documentation contains adobe files
    language contains 1 text file
    speech contains 1 rsd file.

I somehow need to put all this together to make the course work but I genuinely don't have a clue where to start.

Any ideas?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Install Disk for the app itself , is it there ? Run setup exe .

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    No there's nothing like that, the stuff I mentioned is all there is...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    PowerPoint reads rsd files I believe , but you need the application Rosetta Stone installed first . The application will ask to install a language then it should search and find the language disk or mounted ISO.
    Last edited by peat moss; 11-22-2009 at 04:46 PM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    beansis's Avatar Pussy Liquor
    sounds like you just downloaded the language add-ons and missed the actual Rosetta Stone program
    you should have a file that is RosettaStoneSetup.exe, which is the base application
    and also a crack file to go with it

after you have that taken care of, mount one of the .iso files (which ever level you want to start with) and run the Rosetta Stone app, which should prompt you to install language from disk (what you mounted)

pspiso has a great thread with the app, crack, a bunch of language packs and detailed instructions

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Well beansis, you said way better than me , but yes the girl is missing the appy I think .

Silly me thought I could upload the program for her but 13 gb ? Yikes . Ipt has one and " Free Leech " tho about 13 gb and 13 languages . I know someone here will help the girl out .

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    Well beansis, you said way better than me , but yes the girl is missing the appy I think .

Silly me thought I could upload the program for her but 13 gb ? Yikes . Ipt has one and " Free Leech " tho about 13 gb and 13 languages . I know someone here will help the girl out .
    there's no need to upload anything since you can easily dl the setup and crack (about 100mb) through megaupload on pspiso

also, who needs 13 different languages?

besides, Rosetta Stone is crap in my opinion
    Last edited by beansis; 11-23-2009 at 03:28 AM.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    That's fab guys, I will give this a try later on. Thanks for the help

I might go for the 13 gb one after all, I quite fancy doing some other languages as well

Um, on the risk of sounding like a total newb, do I just click on every link they provide in the download box?

Update: found a thread on pspiso that gives me the app and the language pack I was after. Granted it's going to take like a day to download because of the rubbish server it's on, but at least I know it'll work.

One last question, the language file is an iso, so do I need to mount it first and then run it?
    Last edited by Skweeky; 11-23-2009 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Skweeky View Post
    One last question, the language file is an iso, so do I need to mount it first and then run it?
    I cant recall for sure, but I believe that's what you have to do. In theory it doesn't matter since mounting the .iso to a virtual disk is like inserting an actual physical disk so u just need to be able to select the mounted iso when it prompts you to do likewise.

There should be some directions included with the setup and crack, and I was referring to this thread, btw, in case you found something else

http://pspiso.com/showthread.php?t=3...=Rosetta+Stone

also, megaupload shouldn't be slow, but I guess it depends on location
    Last edited by beansis; 11-23-2009 at 08:10 PM.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Hmmm, I can mount it, but the program isn't finding it... It keeps telling me to insert a disk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast