Thread: RSS Autodownloader

shutdk's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    I need some help to set it up. I'm a noob. ^^
    Can anyone help?
    Maybe in Gtalk or MSN?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Is this for a seedbox?

As far as I know RSS autodownloaders will automatically download anything that meets certain criteria. What if what you download does not become popular? Then you just screwed your ratio.

I don't use RSS but I believe there are RSS plugins for uTorrent to automatically download certain stuff that meets certain criteria.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    AugustoP's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Sure. PM your GTalk.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    KevinGarnet's Avatar Filesharing lover BT Rep: +3
    It isn't very good think.. like Saulin said you can screwed your ratio..

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by saulin View Post
    Is this for a seedbox?

As far as I know RSS autodownloaders will automatically download anything that meets certain criteria. What if what you download does not become popular? Then you just screwed your ratio.

I don't use RSS but I believe there are RSS plugins for uTorrent to automatically download certain stuff that meets certain criteria.
    rss works really when you know how to use it, and by that i mean for tv shows!

on bitmetv, you can easily buffer an account after looking at the most popular shows for example. only problem, Bitmetv rss feed doesn't work on a linux server with utorrent under wine

You have to install an external script to do the job and it requires good linux knowledge.

except for tv shows, RSS download is most of the time useless IMO, except when you know a big movie is to come soon, you can grab it first

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Many torrent clients like uTorrent and Bitlord have very good options to add XML feeds. It's not very good for movies, but for TV shows it's pretty nice.

We are making a program that can get titles from RSS and XLM feeds and list them in a "1 click to download / play" interface. You can download the beta from www.Canoob.com

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    AugustoP's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Canoob View Post
    Many torrent clients like uTorrent and Bitlord have very good options to add XML feeds. It's not very good for movies, but for TV shows it's pretty nice.

We are making a program that can get titles from RSS and XLM feeds and list them in a "1 click to download / play" interface. You can download the beta from www.Canoob.com
    I'd suggest making a plugin for Azureus instead of stand-alone program. You'll have hard time convincing private trackers staff (who said bmtv?) to allow it.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    shutdk's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    It's fixed.. Thanks AugostoP