Thread: noob to newsgroups, broken files

Rockin to the beat BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    I downloaded 2 movies with newsleecher and both of them had some broken files. How do I go about fixing these broken files? This is frustrating because with torrents I never had these issues. Thanks for the help!

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    What do you mean by "broken files"?

yo

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    I think he means that when he tried to extract the files from the rar files, he gets errors. What you need to do is to use the par files that come with the nzb. Look at this guide for more info: https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-new...ckpar-132644/?

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Rockin to the beat BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    I meant after it finished downloading in newzleecher under the repair/extract tab it lists all the files downloaded and 4 of them were broken. Thanks for the link I'll read through that

Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by boobly View Post
    I meant after it finished downloading in newzleecher under the repair/extract tab it lists all the files downloaded and 4 of them were broken. Thanks for the link I'll read through that

Again, what do you mean by "broken"?? Newzleecher doesn't ever say files are "broken".

Surely you are receiving an error of some sort?

Are you getting an error whilst extracting? With Winrar?
    Last edited by Skizo; 07-05-2008 at 05:39 PM.

yo

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    download the .sfv and .par2 files associated with your download and then download the necessary amount of par files needed to repair the file.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    fastplumb's Avatar D'rip
    Are you getting an error whilst extracting? With Winrar?
    I would think that this is the case here!
    he may not have it set up to auto repair.
    Powerd by FireFox

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Whilst in Newleecher, all you really have to do is

1) download the WHOLE release .. it'll have a .par2, a .sfv, all of the data obviously, and all of the additional other .par2's
    2) under Newsleecher, click repair/extract and click all of the boxes .. it is set to automatically check the whole release for completion after a part is fully downloaded
    2b) you can go to options and untick "date and time prefix the subfolder" .. by doing this, after it automatically unrar's, it'll show the actual name, without it being "RnE" and the time added to the front; I do it like this because it looks neater.
    3) should do everything automatically for you!

if you followed the steps right .. it'll unrar right :] very easy really ..

and yes .. broken files ? ^^