Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Overflowing with seedbox offers and scam

WHY SO SERIOUS? BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Hello all,
    Times have changes and I must say things are getting really out of hand.
    A year ago if you wanted great speeds you would get a dedicated server and pay a lot of money of rent a VPS. There was always this one exception for those without crazy funds, just one called leeware. For $10 a month (later $20, and then $25) you could get a small linux box with 20GB HD and unlimited bandwith.

Over the past few months all these new websites began to spring out from nowhere offering shared seedboxes with limited access, either webui or some shit thing they call torrentflux, where resellers will split up the boxes and limit the amount of torrents they users have and usually give them a small amount of HDD space. I have seen these offers from as low as $4.

Now this SHOULD be a good thing, hell it should be a great think but unfortunately i'd say at least have of the offers are BS. So many websites i cant even count them, honestly after running a search today i came accross over 30 new websites. Only problem is so many of these are scamming new and old users, especailly the ones who finally can afford this but have no idea what they are getting into.

While we can't close down all of the scam websites on the net we could make it our duty to do the best we can to prevent it from entering the gates of FST. This "seedbox discussion" forum is only going downhill since every other thread is highjacked by some schmuck dealer who is trying to get ppl to sign up for his seedbox services but not only do they advertise but they create 2-3 accounts and pretend to be satisfied customers.

Maybe these new users should not be able to access this forum (like the trading section), if a user needs to be registered for a month and have written say 30 msgs, maye these idiots will stop waisiting thier time here and spam other forums.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by nbo View Post
    This "seedbox discussion" forum is only going downhill since every other thread is highjacked by some schmuck dealer who is trying to get ppl to sign up for his seedbox services but not only do they advertise but they create 2-3 accounts and pretend to be satisfied customers.

Maybe these new users should not be able to access this forum (like the trading section), if a user needs to be registered for a month and have written say 30 msgs, maye these idiots will stop waisiting thier time here and spam other forums.
    Hit the Report button when you see advertiser and we'll remove the post and ensure it doesn't happen again.

I'll bring up the 30 day thing in the Team section.

yo

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    That is true.
    In the past week i've seen almost 5 members to post their seedbox offers.
    The most tragic is that those members do not know how to setup correctly a seedbox and the server is crashing, they do not know how to use quotas and more.. I made a big mistake ordering from a member in here.They think that without even knowning nothing about seedboxes they can make money.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    WHY SO SERIOUS? BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    This "seedbox discussion" forum is only going downhill since every other thread is highjacked by some schmuck dealer who is trying to get ppl to sign up for his seedbox services but not only do they advertise but they create 2-3 accounts and pretend to be satisfied customers.

Hit the Report button when you see advertiser and we'll remove the post and ensure it doesn't happen again.

Thanks, report is good but don't forget that it doesnt prevent them from opening another 20 accounts that day.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Okay. I can confirm seedhost.net as a legit host. Got a testaccount there and I did 11mb/s down.

Check my join date.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)

Thanks, report is good but don't forget that it doesnt prevent them from opening another 20 accounts that day.
    Actually, it does. We regulate that aspect quite well.

And if we instituted the 30 day policy for this section as well, it would eliminate any that slip through our fingers.

yo

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    30 day rule now applies to the Seedbox section.

yo

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    MODERATION BT Rep: +2
    great news, hopefully it will limit the amount of fake satisfied customers that has been popping up in this section.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    also, it might be helpful, if FST provide some special tag to some trustful seedbox resellers here like dance04, seeplace, slayer..etc

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    72363 BT Rep: +4
    Great news!!

Finally that scammers will leave us..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast