Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reasons why you SHOULDN'T be in the scene

iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    In no order:

• Politics - no need to explain.
    • Trust - because of insecurity you're never trusted.
    • Freedom - You're idle on IRC for most of the day - you can't spend.
    • Quality, the scene isn't the holy grail and the standards need a huge update.

That's all I can think of

/sleep
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Benjamin's Avatar Poster
    Okay why not just post this in the other scene thread?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
    Okay why not just post this in the other scene thread?
    Which one might you be referring to?
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Cut-Copy-Paste's Avatar FST Satan BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by iLOVENZB View Post
    In no order:

Dats the biggest point. I waste nearly hours every day for scene and torrents and At night i really feel like kicking myself for doing it

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Cut-Copy-Paste View Post
    In no order:

Dats the biggest point. I waste nearly hours every day for scene and torrents and At night i really feel like kicking myself for doing it
    Yep especially when you skip hrs sleep to just rip something first

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    djerholler69's Avatar Love Bytes! BT Rep: +3
    I guess if its for a passion, it would not exactly be wasting hours. Also think about the many people that would benefit from your work!

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    lukee's Avatar Suit up!
    Haha so true. I remember those days pretty well. Torrents and the scene kept me in front of my computer for ages. Now I just chill on sct, what and hdbits.org. They get me the stuff I want. Usenet too. I love usenet.

The scene is defenetly not the holy grail lmao. I have been on some pretty huge sites and they arent that great.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    DanielleD87's Avatar bunny
    [*]Politics - no need to explain.
    yes!

Quote Originally Posted by iLOVENZB;3278568[*
    Trust - because of insecurity you're never trusted.
    True. It took me a number of years to adjust when I joined trackers to let myself go and trust me a lot more.
    Freedom - You're idle on IRC for most of the day - you can't spend.
    This is only in the beginning. If you set everything up right everything can be automated and there is no issue. Also, you can setup IRC to be forwarded through a BNC to act like IM so you're not wasting time on channels watching people chat but talking to people 1 to 1 like IM.
    Quality, the scene isn't the holy grail and the standards need a huge update.
    Everything in the scene is suppose to be a sample. The lower quality is intentional and even then how much lower? Hardly noticed. Going through p2p you often get more shit than you do people who know what they are talking about.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    lukee's Avatar Suit up!
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielleD87 View Post
    yes!

other shit you wrote here
    100% agreed. But you still spend hours on the PC by nature. The quality argument is bullshit as well. First of all that only applies to certain types of releases" Video (excluding WEBXXX) and audio (excluding WEB releases). The rest (apps, games, imagesets etc.) don't apply to this because the scene already releases these at their best quality.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Freedom - You're idle on IRC for most of the day - you can't spend.
    This is only in the beginning. If you set everything up right everything can be automated and there is no issue. Also, you can setup IRC to be forwarded through a BNC to act like IM so you're not wasting time on channels watching people chat but talking to people 1 to 1 like IM.

Quality, the scene isn't the holy grail and the standards need a huge update.
    Everything in the scene is suppose to be a sample. The lower quality is intentional and even then how much lower? Hardly noticed. Going through p2p you often get more shit than you do people who know what they are talking about.
    1. I wish I knew that back then

2. Some one time p2p groups I don't download from, because they don't know what they're doing. Groups like DEViSE, KingBen, SecretMyth etc I trust.

aXXo/FXG are mainstream groups and I tend to not download from them. Long movies should be 2 CD releases (1.4GB) not 900MB.

Sadly if you're on a (private) tracker than scene releases are what boosts your ratio

Quote Originally Posted by lukee View Post
    yes!

other shit you wrote here
    ... The quality argument is bullshit as well. First of all that only applies to certain types of releases" Video (excluding WEBXXX) and audio (excluding WEB releases). The rest (apps, games, imagesets etc.) don't apply to this because the scene already releases these at their best quality.
    +1, but DCP litteraly own comic scans . The scene are slow when it comes to 0day comics and then they use PDF <FAIL!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast