Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Careful when clicking links or sending mails

Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Few minutes ago i got a PM from the most recently registered user at the board, with 0 posts and few mins register.
    it asked me to email him and send him photos of stallone. how odd, i thought... people have google...

it was clearly an attempt to know my IP, as it shows up in an email's header, made probably by some staff of a tracker that has been visiting my profile often and that i've known to want me banned cuz i criticized them publicly, i.e. at this forum. unfortunately for them i use different nicknames at most trackers, i have like 4 different ones. And it seems to be the best to do, to keep your privacy.

The above paragraph is just an assumption, but i don't believe in coincidences.

an advice to everyone, careful when clicking on links or sending mails, it's just a scheme to get your IP and leading to ban you from some tracker.

Unfortunately, this forum is being used for hunting down users in any possible manner, either for giving away, trading, criticizing or even plain being a member here.

please, which staff member do i have to contact to check the dupe account that was created to try to frame me?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    What's your ip?
    Now go away.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post
    What's your ip?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    Few minutes ago i got a PM from the most recently registered user at the board, with 0 posts and few mins register.
    it asked me to email him and send him photos of stallone. how odd, i thought... people have google...

it was clearly an attempt to know my IP, as it shows up in an email's header, made probably by some staff of a tracker that has been visiting my profile often and that i've known to want me banned cuz i criticized them publicly, i.e. at this forum. unfortunately for them i use different nicknames at most trackers, i have like 4 different ones. And it seems to be the best to do, to keep your privacy.

The above paragraph is just an assumption, but i don't believe in coincidences.

an advice to everyone, careful when clicking on links or sending mails, it's just a scheme to get your IP and leading to ban you from some tracker.

Unfortunately, this forum is being used for hunting down users in any possible manner, either for giving away, trading, criticizing or even plain being a member here.

please, which staff member do i have to contact to check the dupe account that was created to try to frame me?
    why would you send emails to a stranger anyway? besides the ip my email is private as well.

about this whole tracker spy thing collecting ip's of fst members: don't get paranoid. if you follow tracker rules you have nothing to be afraid of.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    i've heard of members (tracker staff posing as members) embedding some kind of ip logger into their ratio screenshots or even signatures to catch you in the act

i'll go back to wearing my tin foil hat now ;{

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85
    Good advice. I never suspected ratio proof stuffs or signatures - I was just thinking that that would be OK as long as my id here and those in trackers are different...

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    BamZow's Avatar Pure Swedish power BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    him photos of stallone. how odd, i thought... people have google...

it was clearly an attempt to know my IP, as it shows up in an email's header, made probably by some staff ....more text more text
    Beware, itīs more easy than that. Like, if I set up a webserver at my computer, where I place my signature image and then send you a PM. When you then read the PM you will naturally automatically download the image from my webserver, where your IP is logged in the raw logs, together with the url that was used to access the image, the time it was downloaded, and then it isnīt hard to figure out which IP that belongs to you.
    All users that see my image will be logged, but only one comes from an url that contains /private.php.

And for all people wearing tinfoil hats: I have no interest in collecting IPīs, so donīt be afraid to read my PMīs

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by BamZow View Post
    him photos of stallone. how odd, i thought... people have google...

it was clearly an attempt to know my IP, as it shows up in an email's header, made probably by some staff ....more text more text
    Beware, itīs more easy than that. Like, if I set up a webserver at my computer, where I place my signature image and then send you a PM. When you then read the PM you will naturally automatically download the image from my webserver, where your IP is logged in the raw logs, together with the url that was used to access the image, the time it was downloaded, and then it isnīt hard to figure out which IP that belongs to you.
    All users that see my image will be logged, but only one comes from an url that contains /private.php.

And for all people wearing tinfoil hats: I have no interest in collecting IPīs, so donīt be afraid to read my PMīs
    LOL, have done that in the past just to spook someone , except I used a 1x1 transparent gif in the message.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    horiZen's Avatar >>SSL ENCRYPTED<<
    was going to comment, but better not,,lol

suffice to say if you NOT ALLOWED to trade certain sites--then DON'T
    Last edited by horiZen; 02-14-2008 at 06:56 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by horiZen View Post
    was going to comment, but better not,,lol

suffice to say if you NOT ALLOWED to trade certain sites--then DON'T
    are u dumb? read the post. where does it say trade?

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    why would you send emails to a stranger anyway? besides the ip my email is private as well.

about this whole tracker spy thing collecting ip's of fst members: don't get paranoid. if you follow tracker rules you have nothing to be afraid of.
    haven't broken any, just they don't like to be publicly criticized outside their tracker, but that's their problem.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 02-14-2008 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast