Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: An easy way to boost your private tracker ratio!

hoodeh's Avatar Magic Doctor

Cool

Hello fellow leechers!

Here is an great technique that will drastically help you improve your ratio, because you won't even be downloading from the tracker! It's called preseeding or outside seeding and works great!

This is how it's done:

Step 1 : Go to the browse page of your tracker, and sort the torrents by "leechers" (it can also be an "L" or sometimes a thumb or arrow pointing down).

Step 2 : This is the most important step, you must choose a torrent that has a lot of leechers, but not too many seeders, so for instance a torrent with 200 leechers and 24 seeders would be much better than a torrent with 400 leechers and 600 seeders. What you want is a torrent with a very low S/L ratio.
    Now you also want to make sure that the torrent you choose is not specific to this tracker. It must be findable somewhere else. Usually files are found on many different trackers, except of course the exclusive packs/releases.

Step 3: Now you want to find the same file, but from another tracker. It is very important to make sure that both files are EXACTLY the same. To check, look at the name of the release, which must be unchanged, as well as the size of the file and number of files.
    Usually trackers will allow you to see the full list of files for a release, so that won't be hard to check.
    Once you have made sure both files were the same, you can download it from that second tracker.

Edit :Step 4: After downloading the file, you have two possibilities:
    1- If your upload rate is slow and you need to improve your ratio in a short time frame, like sometimes when trackers give you a couple of days to save your account, then you can choose to pause the torrent (pause or stop button depending on the tracker). Don't forget to restart it once your ratio on the other tracker has improved.

2- If you don't have a short time frame to save your ratio, then you can let it seed.

Step 5: Go back to the tracker where you want a ratio boost, and download the torrent you originally chose and downloaded from that second tracker. When added to your client, a window may pop-up to ask you if you want to merge the files or replace them or something like that, say yes.
    My client doesn't ask me anything, but I know utorrent does. Your client will then verify the integrity of the file, and if both files were exactly the same (if you dindn't screw up step 3, that is ), it will start seeding!

You will then watch your ratio improve much faster than usual, since you won't even have downloaded anything from the tracker!

Hope this helped

Happy seeding,

H.
    Last edited by hoodeh; 02-05-2009 at 05:25 AM. Reason: Hit and run issue

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    chiquiloco's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    thanks man

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I wonder what would happen if everyone choose to do that?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    I think this should be immediately removed man

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    0control's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I wonder what would happen if everyone choose to do that?
    You always have to get the torrent from another tracker so in theory nothing will change. Though that is probably not reality.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    THe best solution is getting a seedbox which also is inline with the community spirit of sharing

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ChUt View Post
    I think this should be immediately removed man
    Did I say something wrong? I'd like to remind you that outside seeding is allowed in most trackers, and if it isn't, then it just won't work. Read your tracker's faq to know or ask in the irc if it has one.
    I know TL allows it for instance and most trackers do

Quote Originally Posted by elya9 View Post
    THe best solution is getting a seedbox which also is inline with the community spirit of sharing
    Yeah that's a good solution, although I was aiming for something more... Free
    Last edited by hoodeh; 02-03-2009 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    So where are you going to get it from TPB, you could have downloaded it and seeded back on the tracker before you do that.

Nothing new here, move along (crap thread tbh)

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    So where are you going to get it from TPB, you could have downloaded it and seeded back on the tracker before you do that.
    Well TPB would be a last resort, I personally get the files quickly from other private trackers where my ratio is better. Trust me, it's an easier way to improve your ratio than downloading and seeding the file back to the same tracker.

Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post

Nothing new here, move along (crap thread tbh)
    Well I understand that you are an old member of this board and didn't need my help, but if this doesn't help you it may however help others, so why not be respectful at the least?

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Well it is common sense, if they dont know about this, then they dont deserve to be a member of a private tracker.

and if you have got a shit upload, it will still take you ages to get a good ratio.

This is more for helping the initial seeders out and getting it to the leechers quicker, than personal gain on your crappy ratio.

threads like this make me want to puke. so much for community, its all fucking self self self.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast