Thread: ***Ovh question***

Forgive posting in the wrong section but I cant access the Seedbox discussion section yet.

If I have 2 dedicated servers on Ovh, one is my private tracker, the other a seedbox and they catch my seedbox, will they ban both or just the seedbox?

anyone?
    Last edited by domz; 11-18-2008 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    don't they ban you after the 3rd catch?

anyway: if the 2 servers are within 2 DIFFERENT accounts you will get just one busted not the other

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    BANNED BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by domz View Post
    Forgive posting in the wrong section but I cant access the Seedbox discussion section yet.

If I have 2 dedicated servers on Ovh, one is my private tracker, the other a seedbox and they catch my seedbox, will they ban both or just the seedbox?

anyone?
    they will warn u to shut the server down but they prob wont shut both down only the host.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    crooked's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    First they will warn you via E-Mail or OVH account. They tell u to delete all the files you have on the server but they don't shut it down immediately. If you don't delete those, they will check again and shut down the server. Probably they will call a law-agency then.

If you have bought the servers on the same account, they will probably check the other roots if there are any illegal things too, so i would be careful.
    Last edited by crooked; 11-18-2008 at 08:10 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Squizzle's Avatar (""\(O.o)/"")
    See I was under the impression that they wouldn't take action unless they received a complaint from copyright holders / anti-piracy agencies acting on the behalf of copyright holders.

It wouldn't be good for business to actively sniff out torrenters and shut them off, but at the same time, it wouldn't be good for business to not comply with cease and desist requests either.

Keep to safe trackers, don't take the piss and you'll be okay.

I think :/