Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bush and The Dalai Lama -The Highest American Award !

thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    I never Thought I would Say this...

Congratulations and thank you sir, for your open support for the Leader of Tibet, The Dalai Lama. Mr. President, George W.Bush; you managed to do something right for once...Now this won't make the rest good, but it a serious start in the right direction

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by thewizeard View Post
    I never Thought I would Say this...

Congratulations and thank you sir, for your open support for the Leader of Tibet, The Dalai Lama. Mr. President, George W.Bush; you managed to do something right for once...Now this won't make the rest good, but it a serious start in the right direction
    What did he do? Keep his mouth shut?
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    dont tell me you believe that crap, its been a classics move by every one who have interest in something which his opponent has and simply cant claim it.
    there is an old saying "enemy of my enemy is my friend"

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Poster
    Hey bigboab.....if it works, lets' encourage him. ;-)

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Ænima's Avatar 2 in 1 BT Rep: +1
    I doubt Bush has any genuine interest in a Buddhist . Filthy heathens... just kidding... But really, Bush, to compromise with --- even acknowledge --- an a-theist is just so out of character! I have an ax to grind, don't mind me!

Quote Originally Posted by BawA View Post
    dont tell me you believe that crap, its been a classics move by every one who have interest in something which his opponent has and simply cant claim it.
    t[unstructured];d[understand]

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Ænima View Post
    I doubt Bush has any genuine interest in a Buddhist . Filthy heathens... just kidding... But really, Bush, to compromise with --- even acknowledge --- an a-theist is just so out of character! I have an ax to grind, don't mind me!

Quote Originally Posted by BawA View Post
    t[unstructured];d[understand]
    Whatever makes you believe Buddhists do not believe in gods?

It's not that there is no belief in god. In fact those heathen Buddhist have a rich pantheon of gods and demons.

It would not be a good idea to have people doing "good" soley because they believe in God and also perhaps they have some hidden reason to do "good". They might hope that god reserves for them a place in heaven..if they can do enough of that stuff...

To give you an example, when once the Dalai Lama was asked, at an initiation ceremony, that I attended in Belgium, if god created the world/universe, he replied in this following manner.

"Ishvara (their name for god) couldn't possibly have created it. Why?..because Ishvara/ God is perfect and it would be for Ishvara impossible to create something, that is not perfect!" ..what/who does that leave us then, Satan?

In the end, It's better to do things out of inner motivation than for profit. This is the main reason why Buddha gave no answer to the question..Is there is a God. He remained silent..Something Jesus once did too, I remember.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    barakokula's Avatar hard to thrill BT Rep: +1
    Something Jesus once did too, I remember.
    Maaan,you're old!!!!

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Ænima's Avatar 2 in 1 BT Rep: +1
    Whatever makes you believe Buddhists do not believe in gods?

It's not that there is no belief in god. In fact those heathen Buddhist have a rich pantheon of gods and demons.
    To put it simply: you are completely wrong.

To give you an example, when once the Dalai Lama was asked, at an initiation ceremony, that I attended in Belgium, if god created the world/universe, he replied in this following manner.
    "Ishvara (their name for god) couldn't possibly have created it. Why?..because Ishvara/ God is perfect and it would be for Ishvara impossible to create something, that is not perfect!" ..what/who does that leave us then, Satan?
    Buddhism is based on experience alone. There is no room for an opinion of the existence of "God" or any supreme being or the creation of the universe, since it doesn't matter anyway (there is no existential - let alone empirical - evidence of its existence or its effect on the universe). God is an idea to which people cling because they are afraid of reality (to Buddhists). That is one reason, but certainly not the only (of course, but it had to be said). A central theme to Buddhism is unhooking the chains of desire (e.g. the desire to want to worship a God) and thereby experience nirvana. I am going no further than that, partly because it's not my area of expertise. So having said that, Buddhists are atheists in that they are "without" a God, not in that they are actively against the existence of God (as most self-proclaimed atheists do).

I would also like a citation of the quotation (as if I had to ask!)

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    You are also wrong. What do you think a Dakini is? In The Ultimate Truth there is no right or wrong..and you are part of my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Ænima
    I am going no further than that, partly because it's not my area of expertise
    Perhaps then it might be preferable if then you keep to threads in your area of expertise? That might help.
    Last edited by thewizeard; 11-08-2007 at 09:13 AM.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    You are also wrong. What do you think a Dakini is? In The Ultimate Truth there is no right or wrong..and you are part of my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Ænima
    I am going no further than that, partly because it's not my area of expertise
    Perhaps then it might be preferable if then you keep to threads in your area of expertise? That might help.
    FIGHT! FIGHT! All in the name, of course.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast