Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help with seedbox

sc28's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40

Urgent

hi
    can someone please help me set up my seedbox.
    i have read all the guides inhere,but it seems that im to stupid to understand

the server is from Softlayer and runs Fedora 6
    i want to have torrentflux installed,but utorrent is also fine.
    also i want to have ftp set up also.

please help me

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    fisherman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Follow this guide...>> https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-gui...through-169620

Simply download putty and open it up and log in with the details you were given by your server provider and type this exactly >> yum -y install xterm wine vnc-server

Follow the guide for the rest of the actions and if you need more help let us know

This guide is for installing uTorrent by the way.
    Our revenge will be the laughter of our children - Bobby Sands

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by fisherman View Post
    Follow this guide...>> https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-gui...through-169620

Simply download putty and open it up and log in with the details you were given by your server provider and type this exactly >> yum -y install xterm wine vnc-server

Follow the guide for the rest of the actions and if you need more help let us know

This guide is for installing uTorrent by the way.
    I bought ovh today and followed this guide and everything worked great. But there is a minor problem. I installed firefox through root account and then created another user account. Guide says to run firefox, look for it in fluxbox menu but there is no firefox option or icon there.. Any help?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    sc28's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    thanks
    now utorrent is installed,but i dont understand how i can install ftp

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by sc28 View Post
    thanks
    now utorrent is installed,but i dont understand how i can install ftp
    To FTP files from your server to your HD is the easy part. Download Winscp as in the guide and and log in to Winscp using the same details as you logged into putty and and navigate to this folder >> /root/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/uTorrent

That's more than likely where your downloaded files are stored and then just simply drag and drop from your server to your HD and you have your downloaded files

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    thanks , that worked

To FTP files from your server to your HD is the easy part. Download Winscp as in the guide and and log in to Winscp using the same details as you logged into putty and and navigate to this folder >> /root/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/uTorrent

That's more than likely where your downloaded files are stored and then just simply drag and drop from your server to your HD and you have your downloaded files [/quote]

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Glad you got it sorted

Any probs just post

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    chip19's Avatar a chip off ol' death BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by adeel2 View Post
    I bought ovh today and followed this guide and everything worked great. But there is a minor problem. I installed firefox through root account and then created another user account. Guide says to run firefox, look for it in fluxbox menu but there is no firefox option or icon there.. Any help?
    You need to edit your fluxbox menu file. It is located at ~/.fluxbox/menu. Open it in your favorite editor and add a line like this: "[exec] (Mozilla Firefox) {firefox}" without quotes of course. As you can see, the syntax puts the text that will appear on the menu in parentheses, while the binary's filename is in the braces.

See http://fluxbox.sourceforge.net/docs/...c.menuedit.php for more.

Good luck.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    ok,im getting crazy here.
    i thought i had done it right,but no.
    can anyone please help me set up torrentflux and ftp?
    i could not find any guide on torrentflux

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Why don't you just stick with uTorrent ?

I'm using a vectoral box with these specs >>

• Intel® Pentium™ IV 1.6 GHZ
    • 512MB DDR-RAM
    • 40GB 7.2K RPM IDE-HDD

I never have any probs using uTorrent through wine and using Wicscp as my FTP client.

I'm not familiar with torrentflux so unfortunately I can't help you out there.

Good luck in whatever you choose mate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast