Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newsleech Probs

Urgent

hi all

im havin a few probs with newsleecher lately as soon as i open newsleecher my cpu usage goes to 98-100% and my pc runs like crap can any 1 help me out please

many thnaks

pinhead
    Last edited by pinhead1000; 03-18-2007 at 10:43 PM.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    what version are you using?

If your using the new beta version it has a par application built in, if its extracting files while your downloading its probably sapping all your CPU juice.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    asfdlq3i45poi's Avatar Master
    Buy a new computer, pinhead.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    LOL nice advice

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by asfdlq3i45poi View Post
    Buy a new computer, pinhead.
    i was thinkin the same myself m8 mine keeps crashin every week pile of crap

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    I have the newest version of newsleecher (3.9 Beta 2) on a computer with an AMD 2600 Xp chip, ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard and 1 gig of RAM on XP pro...works flawlessly.

This computer is a few years old to say the least.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by webe123 View Post
    I have the newest version of newsleecher (3.9 Beta 2) on a computer with an AMD 2600 Xp chip, ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard and 1 gig of RAM on XP pro...works flawlessly.

got the exact same setup and mine runs like shit hoggs the cpu like a twat

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by pinhead1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webe123 View Post

got the exact same setup and mine runs like shit hoggs the cpu like a twat

Mine has not seen any decrease in speed....matter of fact I run 20 bots and get my maxed out speed all the time.

That is puzzling.

Have you tried to clean out your registry?

How do other programs on your computer run? Are they slow also or is it just newsleecher?

You may want to completely uninstall it and reinstall an older version...or reinstall the newest version of newsleecher.

Also,check your settings on newsleecher and see if anything there could be causing this....though I have never had any problems with letting mine run while I am surfing the net at the same time.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    thanks for the reply guys aint cleaned my registry can you recommend any good progs for that some of my other progs are running slow ive used adawre to get rid of spyware and no viruses picked up with nod32 but any recomendation for better software is always welcome

thanks again for the replies

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Here is one I use called AATools by Glock software. It really does a good job at cleaning out your registry,though this is a trial.I have the full version....don't know what limits it has on the trial.

But it is a great registry cleaner tool.

http://www.softsea.com/review/AA-Tools.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast