Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on SCC's Music section

Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I was just browsing SCC's music section and I just noticed that they've amassed nearly 10k torrents. 10k torrents isn't too shabby for actual music trackers so having that many torrents is quite an achievment. Especially, If you take into consideration that it's all scene stuff and that they don't even have users contributing to the collection.

This got me thinking that SCC probably could put together a fairly descent standalone music tracker based on what they're doing now in combination with user content. They could still have FL on all the scene releases, which would make it a music tracker that would be easy to keep ratio on. Also, they could keep the current scc music section up to date to keep the snatch count high.

Now, I'm probably just grasping at the straws and a SCC dedicated music tracker probably won't come into fruition, it would be nice if they organised the section. With the current system they just have a ton of albums floating around with not much to seperate them. I wouldn't doubt that they'll at the least allow you to search by genre in the near future.

Anyways, what are your guys/girls thoughts on SCC's music section? How do you compare it to the non what/waffles trackers? Would you like to see SCC try their hand at making a dedicated music tracker or at least add some features to the MP3 section in its current state?
    See ya in another life, brother.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    If they break the tracker into 2 separate trackers users wouldn't be able to use the buffer they get from seedbox'ing fl music albums for 0day material. It would completely change the setup, and why do you think it would work better that way? I like the fast fl music, and other user's like the buffer they get from seeding them. Everyone wins. If you take that away there's no incentive to keep the music freeleech, because alot of those seedbox users would stop rss'ing the torrents.
    Last edited by T.S.O.L.; 01-24-2009 at 04:18 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    FLEA's Avatar Extreme Gamers Team BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    seems like today music section dead anyways they doing great job, fast pre and freeleech, im lovin it

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    slimdogp's Avatar Token White Kid BT Rep: +1
    I love SCC, and I use it all the time. But tbh, I don't think I've ever downloaded an album older than 24hours. I love the fact that (when they're auto uploader is working) they get all the new scene releases. To me this is the best thing on the site. But for old stuff, or a dedicated music tracker? No way... stick to what you're good at. All things 0day. I have what/waffles/pedros/stm/softmp3 for that stuff.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    T.S.O.L., In my first post I included that they could somehow share content of the MP3 section on SCC in addition to their conjectured music tracker.
    See ya in another life, brother.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    This bitch is ugly BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by FLEA View Post
    seems like today music section dead anyways they doing great job, fast pre and freeleech, im lovin it
    nah not just the musics and 0day, everything else too dunno what happend .

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    mp3 section is alive only due to rss... 99.9% of ppl that grab those files delete them as soon as the seeded to 1:1 or 36hours

nobody cares about what is being uploaded in there LOL

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by yayyyyyy View Post
    mp3 section is alive only due to rss... 99.9% of ppl that grab those files delete them as soon as the seeded to 1:1 or 36hours

do you have any evidence that supports this claim? do you mesage everyone who downloads from the mp3 section and ask them what they do with their downloaded mp3?

I thought not

their mp3 section is great, its freeleech so if it is on there i would far rather grab it without it harming a ratio on waffles/what (where seeding is difficult) plus they get a lot of stuff that some music dedicated sites dont get, and they get all their mp3 releases before every other site, so for the people that care about pretimes it is excellent

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    it's interesting that every torrent gets a grab. even those numerous VA stuff...... probably most of those peers in the mp3 section are just trying to buffer their accounts.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by NippleCake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by yayyyyyy View Post

do you have any evidence that supports this claim? do you mesage everyone who downloads from the mp3 section and ask them what they do with their downloaded mp3?

I thought not

their mp3 section is great, its freeleech so if it is on there i would far rather grab it without it harming a ratio on waffles/what (where seeding is difficult) plus they get a lot of stuff that some music dedicated sites dont get, and they get all their mp3 releases before every other site, so for the people that care about pretimes it is excellent
    When they were having the small debate on whether to pack them in big packs alot of people wanted that so it would be easier to buffer.
    Even some staff do that, and were commenting on how much more upload they got from the music packs. Way to speak before giving anyone a chance to reply

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast