Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Data Error (cyclic redundancy check) When Installing Windows

System Setup Log - (C:\Windows\setuperr.log)
    Error::
    Installation Failed: D:\1386\asms. Error Message : Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

xxx

Fatal Error:
    One of the components that Windows needs to continue setup could not be installed.

Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

If you are installing from a CD, there might be a problem with the disc; try cleaning the disc or using another disc.

If you are installing from the network, it is possible that not all of the files were copied correctly to your disk drive. Run the disk checking utility on your installation drive from the Recovery Console and start setup again.

xxx

I downloaded Windows XP Professional Corporate SP2 Integrated June 2007-ETH0 from TL this morning.
    I unrared the e-xpc2jn2k7.iso
    I burned e-xpc2jn2k7.iso to a clean 700MB CD-RW with Nero 7 Ultra Edition at 4x (600kB/s).
    Nero Verified the data successfully.
    I tried installing this on two computers, both with the same error.
    Both HDDs formated correctly.
    Windows installer successfully wrote all the files on both machines.
    Windows installer rebooted and it 1. Collected information, 2. Dynamic Update, 3. Prepared installation, but when it got to 4. Installing Windows the error popuped up.

I have no idea what is wrong. Let's assume that my copy of e-xpc2jn2k7.iso is the right copy because in utorrent is Checked it and it went all the way up to 100% with no problem.
    Last edited by Brenya; 06-30-2007 at 05:35 PM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    LaPistola's Avatar about BT Rep: +2
    download a new copy the torrent may be corrupt, or try using a cd-r instead of an rw, i've had problems with rw's before and now i don't trust them
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    I don't know about the north but in the south an Englishman is about as welcome as a fart in a space suit.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by LaPistola View Post
    download a new copy the torrent may be corrupt
    I unrared the e-xpc2jn2k7.iso
    It's not corrupt. It was extracted from a rar file. If it was corrupt then there would have been an error msg displayed during unraring.

Definitely burn it to a CD-R instead of RW.

You could also burn it with http://www.imgburn.com/ instead of Nero.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I don't have any CD-Rs... I have a bunch of DVD-RWs ... if anything, could I burn an image that small on a DVD-RW?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Why not just install Microsoft Windows XP Professional Student Edition SP2 Integrated June 2007-ETH0 instead , after you get the dvd media problem sorted ?

Less problems in my humble opinion , like win player 11 , IE7 etc.

The DVD -rw should work tho or try Indego or Black DVD Edtions , more than one way to skin a cat .
    Last edited by peat moss; 06-30-2007 at 06:35 PM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    In all honesty, I downloaded Windows XP Professional Corporate SP2 Integrated June 2007-ETH0 because it was the most popular at the time

Wow I am getting really frustrated.
    I got some CDRs from the store and burnt a copy of Windows XP Professional Corporate SP2 Integrated June 2007-ETH0
    The data verification in Nero said there were no problems.
    I reformatted the HDD of my computer and reinstalled Windows.
    I got the same error. What could be wrong? Should I just not use Nero? Why would changing CD-burning software make a difference if Nero's data verification completed successfully?

Last edited by Brenya; 06-30-2007 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    i had the same problem and i couldnt fix it

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by mcshazzo View Post
    i had the same problem and i couldnt fix it
    If what you say is true, then I may just have to try ETH0's student version.

I'm wondering if someone explain my (or rather our) situation?

Ok I downloaded Microsoft.Windows.XP.Pro.Student.Edition.SP2.Integrated.May.2007.READ.NFO-PMM and installed it successfully.
    Last edited by Brenya; 07-01-2007 at 03:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Sounds like either the source file was corrupt before being Rar'ed or the compiler didn't have the archived files checked for errors after adding to the archive.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    You should leave a comment to the uploader on TL , just to warn others ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast