Thread: BitTorrent Lockdown on OS X. Apps you need.

With the massive increase of BitTorrent popularity over the last couple of years, government organizations such as the RIAA and the MPAA have shifted their lawyer-cannons towards its users. In a recent (still lasting) attack of paranoia I have locked down my system to the point that I feel safe, but have nonetheless not created any unbearable bandwidth bottlenecks.

Your experience may differ, but to save people like me (a lot!) time I've decided break down, for you, my current setup.

This is for the Mac OS X operating system, although, essentially (almost) everything here is cross platform anyway.Should you require any help with the applications above, or have any other questions, I'll do my best to help you out.

ciram

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Wouldn't this information be more appropriate on The BitTorrent forum?

That's here https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit.../?s=&daysprune=

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by thewizeard View Post
    Wouldn't this information be more appropriate on The BitTorrent forum?
    True. Most people in the Lounge don't use Bittorrent and about half of them aren't even aware that this is a filesharing forum (Mr Mulder, for instance, thinks this is a forum devoted to Fisting Talk).

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Yep, whops.
    Can I do anything now? Just wait until a mod or admin moves it, eh?

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Beenieman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Looks interesting will certainly check it out. Thanks

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    :) BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    bah useless... what's the point to connect to the tracker using TOR? you scares the tracker is owned by the MPAA? The MPAA would be a client on the tracker and would get your real ip by connecting directly to you to get the file... tor is useless unless you use it for all traffic and not just racker but if you get more then 5kb/s your in luck.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by sketchyca View Post
    bah useless... what's the point to connect to the tracker using TOR? you scares the tracker is owned by the MPAA? The MPAA would be a client on the tracker and would get your real ip by connecting directly to you to get the file... tor is useless unless you use it for all traffic and not just racker but if you get more then 5kb/s your in luck.
    Connecting to the trackers through TOR does provide some security especially in connection with your ISP and/or people on your local network.

BTW: Don't use the TOR network for BitTorrent traffic! It can't handle the load!