Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Iranian soldiers killed in Lebanon

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    It is being reported from multiple sources now that several members of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard were killed assisting Hezbollah in Lebanon.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=51191

Is this significant?

Meaningful?

Indicative of anything at all?

Comments welcome-
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    What?

12 hours down the way, and no response?

Interesting...
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    i imagine many brits are more worried either about our planes dropping out of the sky or what civil liberties Mr Reid will snaffle from us because of this threat.
    Plus bbc and guardian haven't reported this iranian soldiers story yet...

Personal opinion is that its a very nasty development, the region seems to be heading down the pan.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    It is being reported from multiple sources now that several members of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard were killed assisting Hezbollah in Lebanon.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=51191

Is this significant?

Meaningful?

Indicative of anything at all?

Comments welcome-
    and how they knew they were iranian's, thier smart enough not to send thier soldier's with any tag's if they did send them.
    Last edited by BawA; 08-11-2006 at 06:56 PM.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    lynx's Avatar .
    J2, even though it's over a year old, I think you should be more worried about these nukes.
    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=45203

Strange that your various agencies haven't found them yet, what with WND being such an accurate source of information.

You said recently that you don't read blogs. Of course, why would you need to, when you can get it straight from the horses arse.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx View Post
    J2, even though it's over a year old, I think you should be more worried about these nukes.
    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=45203

Strange that your various agencies haven't found them yet, what with WND being such an accurate source of information.

You said recently that you don't read blogs. Of course, why would you need to, when you can get it straight from the horses arse.
    I don't read blogs, and I know you don't tot up to FOXNEWS, so I had to google up another source.

WorldNetDaily is no less innocuous-appearing than any of the others you'd object to.

Of course, I've had to do that in the past, and in the process send you off topic as well.

Will you be doing it again, then?

BawA-

The way I heard it, they were identified by proper personal ID on their persons.

I don't expect you to be convinced absent further proof, which I too await.

Ian-

I posted this before the airplane-news broke.

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    lynx's Avatar .
    WorldNetDaily is hardly what anyone would describe as an "impartial observer", which is the point I was trying to convey.

I don't deny there's a possibility that Iranians are in Lebanon helping Hezbollah, but it seems very unlikely that they would have much in the way of identifying papers, and certainly not ones linking them to the IRGC.

Think about it, if the Israeli's had really got proof of these bodies your own government would be shouting about how this demonstrates it to be a big Iranian plot.

I've googled it too, and all I find is the usual suspects all cross-quoting and plagiarising each other, more often than not even using exactly the same words, and not a single iota of independent proof to be seen.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx View Post
    WorldNetDaily is hardly what anyone would describe as an "impartial observer", which is the point I was trying to convey.

I don't deny there's a possibility that Iranians are in Lebanon helping Hezbollah, but it seems very unlikely that they would have much in the way of identifying papers, and certainly not ones linking them to the IRGC.

Think about it, if the Israeli's had really got proof of these bodies your own government would be shouting about how this demonstrates it to be a big Iranian plot.

I've googled it too, and all I find is the usual suspects all cross-quoting and plagiarising each other, more often than not even using exactly the same words, and not a single iota of independent proof to be seen.
    WND, while it may be liable to the free-floating charge of bias (ex., FOXNEWS) can still serve ably as attendent witness to these events.

I include the info anent identification only insofar as it is what I have heard on that point-more to come, I guess.

I'm sure you can appreciate that Israel (as well as any others eager to hang this legitimately on Iran) will make sure all it's ducks are in a row before making the salient charge, which lingers, nonetheless.

Be honest, now: Given Iran's (Ahmadinajad's) reckless rhetoric to this point, do you seriously think he cares if a few of his personnel are found in Lebanon?

In any case, it all comes down to what one is disposed to believe...there are still people in this country who think Bush lost Florida in 2000.

No accounting for it, really-people can be thrashed soundly about the head and shoulders with pure, unadulterated truth, and still blame it on a masked man, you see?

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    There may well be Iranians fighting for Hezbollah. However, I think it unlikely that it will have much significance.

If Iranian troops in Iranian uniform were fighting alongside Hezbollah then that would be significant. However, volunteers from a specific country are much less so. During the Battle of Britain in 1940 some US citizens volunteered to fly with the RAF - this did not involve the US in the war at that point.

Obviously Hezbollah did not buy Silk Worm missiles at their local Tescos nor did they acquire the expertise to use them via an Open University course. Iran has armed and trained the Lebanese either in Iran, Syria or in situ in the Bekha Valley. I don't think this is a great surprise to anyone though. Pergaps the only surprise is that the training seems to have been quite good.

I came across WorldNetDaily some time ago and found it slightly alarming. It was a piece on Palestine and was somewhat innovative in its approach to history.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Quite possibly, and Lebanon would be well within its right to ask for advisors I would think... a lot of countries were in Korea that weren't "at war", or maybe they are stationed there.

I believe the US have soldiers in Israel at the moment... should we be commenting on that too?

Any comment on the Israeli assasin that was caught in Lebanon before the conflict then? Or is that different coz its Israel..

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast