Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SCT too much for me. How do I handle the upload?

Hello all,

I recently made an account in SCT. I bought a 10 GB upload credit. But, unfortunately, I am from a small country and the maximum speed is a 256 kbps DSL connection. So I got a shared flux hosting for $10 a month (i could not afford more). A 1.37 GB sample file downloaded in like 3 minutes. But, the upload for 5 peers is only 11.9 kbps . I asked the flux provider and he said that is the problem with SCT and he could not do much.

Now, I need to find out if this is normal or I should try some other cheap shared torrentflux hosts (i don't know of anything else which offer already setup torrentflux though) or should I trade my account for an FTN account or invite? The only thing is that I have already paid 10 Euros for the 10 GB upload credit. My download is one test file of 1.37 GB.

Kindly help me out.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    the problem is that most, if not all SCT users have a seedbox, and was the test file healthy as in did it have alot of leechers
    pictures of you!! pictures of me!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by t0mmy View Post
    the problem is that most, if not all SCT users have a seedbox, and was the test file healthy as in did it have alot of leechers
    Yeah. I find it hard to even seed with my seedbox. You literally have to jump on a torrent the second it's uploaded for a decent ratio.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    I had almost zero time to check it. I was all excited to see the download speed. I chose the first file I saw when I went to Browse and pasted the torrent link in the flux admin screen. It was 1% and stuck there. I reloaded the page like 2-3 minutes later and it was done. >.< The same file is having 11 kbps upload with 5 leechers? Now it is 14 kbps with 3 leechers and total of 64 MB done after almost an hour now. This is as bad as my dsl connection. How do people who use seedbox get high speeds? I have a 10 GB limit so I cannot get a lot of torrents on at the same time as well (yeah I forgot - it is max 3 simultaneous torrents as well ).

So, I guess the best way for me is to try and get FTN instead of SCT? (Just changed the signature.)
    Last edited by phoenixoflames; 12-01-2007 at 09:48 PM.
    Good Day!

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    well m8 i dont have also seedbox,and i also dont download from there for sometime i only seed there until i get some buffered acc and then i can start to leech something..but probably they will soon have freeleech and maybe with some 2x upload..so will see

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    The problem is the people with seedboxes who downloaded the torrent before you are uploading...Now, because they can upload up to 10MB/s, the only reason your uploading 14kbps or whatever is because their upload connection hasn't been maxed out by peers. Thus, the more reason to jump on torrents right away or seed old "popular" files.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    kooftspc11's Avatar WWW.STFU.LOL BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    how much did you pay for the 10gb credit?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Qua's Avatar Fortress Europe BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    And you'll have a hard time getting in other site with sig like that. They are not to big on traders.
    Hasta siempre.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    This is free Melvin Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your signature to free Melvin and help him gain world domination!

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixoflames View Post
    Hello all,

I recently made an account in SCT. I bought a 10 GB upload credit. But, unfortunately, I am from a small country and the maximum speed is a 256 kbps DSL connection. So I got a shared flux hosting for $10 a month (i could not afford more). A 1.37 GB sample file downloaded in like 3 minutes. But, the upload for 5 peers is only 11.9 kbps . I asked the flux provider and he said that is the problem with SCT and he could not do much.

Now, I need to find out if this is normal or I should try some other cheap shared torrentflux hosts (i don't know of anything else which offer already setup torrentflux though) or should I trade my account for an FTN account or invite? The only thing is that I have already paid 10 Euros for the 10 GB upload credit. My download is one test file of 1.37 GB.

Kindly help me out.
    why don't you post that on the sct forum? there are users there who can answer ratio questions.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    ^_^ BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    As other people were saying, just jump on new torrents right away then leave them on for a couple days. Certain TV shows and movies always get a lot of leechers. You shouldn't have a problem if you get on those fast enough.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast