Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Swedish trackers shuts down

BANNED BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Quote Originally Posted by Swebits
    Tracker shuts down! - Today 19:13
    Dear Swebits members!

There have been many anxious days ago the district court's ruling was against The Pirate Bay.
    Many Swedish trackers have chosen to close down completely by the concern that possibly be taken to court.
    Of course, not these thoughts passed Swebits staff passed.

We have shared in the staff determined that due. the current uncertainty in providing a tracker in Sweden have chosen to fr.om today April 20 kl. 19.15, shut down the tracker on Swebits.org.

We have a great understanding of how users feel at this decision and we share that feeling full.
    For us, this is a non-profit pet without vinstinstresse. All persons who are and have been involved in staff do this on their own leisure for your users' sake. The future and the future precedential rulings may determine whether torrenttrackers is viable in Sweden or not.

A small consolation in the darkness, however, is that other Swebits will continue as usual.

• The Forum is not affected
    • All accounts will remain untouched and no one will be removed due. inactivity.

Swebits will in the near future also to launch some new fun things on the page that has been planned for a long time. What this will return us with.

At the same time, we want to now take this opportunity to ask users not to create a lot of unnecessary wires on the above decision of the Forum, but stick to the news wire: http://swebits.org/forum_trad.php?id=72378. No rules except those previously touched just tracker part is changing.

We hope you respect Staffs decision and that we be seen in the forum!

/ Staff
    I used google translator to translate the announcement as I'm too lazy to translate it any better myself.

Other swedish trackers that has also shut down are: Wolfbits, Powerbits, Piratebits, Nordicbits, Hyperbits and mp3nerd.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    mikehorner's Avatar hikemorner BT Rep: +3
    + swepiracy, zinebytes
    Last edited by mikehorner; 04-20-2009 at 06:32 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    It's interesting to see all of these trackers closing down. What'll be more interesting is when trackers hosted in other countries realize that if the bastion of filesharing is no longer an Eden, they might want to take preventive measures as well.

I'd predict that this case will lead to more lawsuits and hundreds or thousands of voluntary tracker closings.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    As long as TTi and SceneHD don't close, all is well.

PS: don't care about sweDVDR, as they only allow nordic IPs.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Đ iN Ba57ArĐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    This is fuckd!TPB is a public tracker.everyone knew who the owners were(including their home addresses)i think people should calm down,20th century and warner bros. don't give a crap what zinebytes is,TPB gets hits that run almost parallel to that of FB,thats who they want not zinebytes.but then again they may know better.i guess its what they wanted,seeing people play right into their script.just hope i dont lose my sceneHD coz of this..
    anyone know of any good canadian trackers?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    ConkiZz's Avatar Arrrgh! BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    These trackers closes to...

Wolfbits
    Powerbits
    Piratebits
    Nordicbits
    Hyperbits
    mp3nerds
    SWePiracy
    hdbyte
    SweBits
    seedit.org

Now theres only two "BIG" swedish trackers left... TTi (<3<3<3!!!) and swedvdr (<3<3<3!!!)

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Đ iN Ba57ArĐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    This is fuckd!TPB is a public tracker.everyone knew who the owners were(including their home addresses)i think people should calm down,20th century and warner bros. don't give a crap what zinebytes is,TPB gets hits that run almost parallel to that of FB,thats who they want not zinebytes.but then again they may know better.i guess its what they wanted,seeing people play right into their script.just hope i dont lose my sceneHD coz of this..

wont b suprised to start seeing,donate for server costs and attorney fees

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    mbewe's Avatar gunslinger BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Juscallmesez View Post
    BitHq

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    mikehorner's Avatar hikemorner BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post

Seems like SceneHD is shutting down too..

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    ConkiZz's Avatar Arrrgh! BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Quote Originally Posted by mikehorner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post

Seems like SceneHD is shutting down too..
    Yeah..

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast