Thread: Cant connect with Putty, removed SHH

slau's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Well I recently bought a dedicated server from Vectoral, I followed a guide to install VNC and utorrent, but I accidentally removed the SSH, now I cant access the server with putty, I tried using VNC but the screen is stuck in the firefox (cant minimize it), so how can I access remotely to the terminal, so I can install SSH and put putty to work again?
    Its the first time I bought a D.S and Im having difficulty if someone can help me, pm me and we can talk in msn

Thks in advance !

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    removed? or just stopped?

if the 2nd case: when restarting the service should come up again... if the first: you are in trouble :/

tried telnet?

which OS is that? with which provider? don't they offer you a kvm ?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    slau's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by yayyyyyy View Post
    removed? or just stopped?

if the 2nd case: when restarting the service should come up again... if the first: you are in trouble :/

tried telnet?

which OS is that? with which provider? don't they offer you a kvm ?
    I removed it, instead removing the psw I rmved the SSH

Im on ubuntu, the provider is vectoral servers...
    I tried telnet, doesnt work :|

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    So, if they are not able to give you kvm do what has been suggested to you on ScT: contact support :/

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Will do it, thks for the help

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    clos's Avatar The Zinc Saucier BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    vectoral has good customer service, let them know what the problem is

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    TidusBlade's Avatar Watermelon Knight BT Rep: +3
    Yeah, just request them to install SSH again, and if it's serious, maybe an OS-reinstall.
    They usually do it fast, less than a day, but it took them 3 days for me once...

To my knowledge, you cant install SSH yourself if you have no means to connect to it, and you said you can access it through VNC, maybe try ALT + F2 and then "terminal" or something?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    I managed to get it working again, but know when I install the torrentflux on my D.S (with ubuntu) and try to access via web I get this error:

and when I try accessing via the terminal I got this:

I tried to search google, tried allmost all the solutions they give and still nothing, I must be doing something wrong, can some1 plz help me?

Thks in advance

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    kloot's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Quote Originally Posted by slau View Post
    I managed to get it working again, but know when I install the torrentflux on my D.S (with ubuntu) and try to access via web I get this error:

and when I try accessing via the terminal I got this:

I tried to search google, tried allmost all the solutions they give and still nothing, I must be doing something wrong, can some1 plz help me?

Thks in advance
    first of all, I know jacksh*t about mysql, never needed it. But i have a suggestion: It says 'Access denied for user 'root' - is it root that created the db? If not, would you need to be some other user to access it? Second theory: you sure you got the password correct?

Edit: You got ssh working again yeah?