Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IMPORTANT!! members please read

Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Now I am aware this is not the Invites section but I have had 2 reports today and I think this might need to be said here.

If a member has no Stars under their avatar YOU SHOULD NOT TRADE WITH THEM, They are brand new here and if they are trading it is not in the Invites section because if they have no stars then they do not have access to the BT Invites section yet and are most likely to be scammers. For those of you that do not yet have access to the Invite section one of the section guidelines in there looks like this
    Do NOT Trade Invites Through PM Prior To
    • Clicking a member's name and selecting View Public Profile.
    • Reading some of their posts to get familiar with them.
    • If possible check their profile at mutual torrent sites.
    • Checking they have a star under their avatar.

If there's no star DO NOT reply to any messages you've received.
    They don't have access and shouldn't be asking for invites.
    Make a Report in the Report Section for Staff to look into.
    There you can paste the message you received.

So if someone sends you a PM about trading and they have no stars
    DON'T TRADE WITH THEM.

Guys lets be honest many many people come here to scam the good users of FST so use your heads and a little common sense. I was a trader when I first got here and I got scammed my fair share of times and I still remember the 5hitty feeling of it all, so I feel for good members who get scammed but when I get reports of people trading and not checking out the people who they are trading with it's a bit frustrating because if you trade with someone with no stars and 1 or 2 posts not even in the BT section that means you weren't even paying attention and didn't even take the time to check the guy out. In short if someone scams you we the staff are here to help via the report section but we need you to at least make an attempt to protect yourselves and try and know who you are trading/giving away to here. Please use your heads when you deal with anyone not just here but in your daily lives as well. Good luck to all

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    SenorBubbz's Avatar /¨_¨°.-.§.-.°¨_¨\ BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I thought that was obvious?

Anyone who trades with someone who has no stars deserves to be scammed for their stupidity.
    o hai

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    dont say it like that... nobody deserves to be scammed...

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    BANNED BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Well, I enjoy the ability of asking for invites and PRESTO! out comes one.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    No one deserves to be scammed, it sucks when it happens but there are things you can do to al least try and protect yourself

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    HDR's Avatar SEED.OR.DiE-GOT.iT ? BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    No one deserves to be scammed, it sucks when it happens but there are things you can do to al least try and protect yourself
    Off course no one deserves to be scammed, but there's always retards ready to do scam people, so i recommend the use of the middle man, if a trader doesn't accept it it's because he is trying to scam, otherwise he wouldn't have any problem.

Also i think this should be *sticked* so more people will read this, because if not sticked this will fall with time in the middle of a lot of other threads.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    BANNED BT Rep: +1
    Just use a middleman, stars mean nothing when it comes to "Man's word".

The same sh**t with reputation points.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    there are things you can do to al least try and protect yourself

Dont be a fool, wrap your tool!

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by HDR View Post
    Off course no one deserves to be scammed, but there's always retards ready to do scam people, so i recommend the use of the middle man, if a trader doesn't accept it it's because he is trying to scam, otherwise he wouldn't have any problem.

Also i think this should be *sticked* so more people will read this, because if not sticked this will fall with time in the middle of a lot of other threads.
    Yeah like people read stickies?? If they did then the Middleman request section wouldn't be littered with "half" middle man threads people seem to just leave I need a middleman with so and so in there not reading the sticky saying clearly BOTH parties need to start a thread

Quote Originally Posted by fatcat69 View Post

Well in the uber gay sex slave spots you find your man whores in, you have to!

Whats up man long time no see? Been layin low?

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25

Quote Originally Posted by fatcat69 View Post

Well in the uber gay sex slave spots you find your man whores in, you have to!

Whats up man long time no see? Been layin low?
    haha you always are good enough to throw a joke back.

Been busy with college nonsense. Im trying to make my rounds so people dont think I am dead or something bad like that. Plus a few people that have my super top secret aim screen name told me that my humor was needed to liven up the forum a little bit, so Ill try to make time to play

Im pretty frequent located in a revolution though, but I will try to spend more time everywhere else. Just was in the forums at FSC for the first time in a good 2 months...same with here...so ya its hard to stay active everywhere but I try to stay in contact with most people.

Everything going good on your end? I have noticed that things have become...well worse off as far as threads regarding how to get into trackers...unfortunate. Hopefully these young in's will see the light in the fact that friendship is something of value here in the bt world.

Glad to see you still here though! Means I can crack plenty of jokes and not worry about being censored
    Last edited by fatcat69; 05-17-2008 at 06:43 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast