Thread: BitMeTV RSS

redMonster's Avatar Flying Without Wings BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I want to know what all TV shows should I RSS on BitMeTV so as to a good ratio on them. I want to know all popular shows on bitmetv. Also, could you tell me shows should I grab in HD as well?
    Click here if you want to join TTC

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    This is something you could do yourself by browsing the torrents of the past week and making a note of every torrent with snatches above a certain threshold, depending how many shows you wanna grab a day.

You would get the best results this way rather than waiting for the obvious answers of all the popular shows aka Lost, 24, Heroes...

If you're in a hurry to make a big buffer I would presume rss'ing everything with over 100 snatches in the past week, or even shows with over 50 snatches, would be a very fast way.
    Last edited by T.S.O.L.; 03-25-2009 at 06:38 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    brightsid's Avatar Larisssssssaaaaaaa BT Rep: +4
    Monday's shows (24, heroes, house, chuck, bb theory) are probably the best for uploading in bitmetv. Then there is Lost,CSI NY on Wednesday, Greys Anatomy, 30 Rock, Supernatural, Office on Friday. 720 versions of the same shows are popular also
    We make a living by what we get,
    we make a life by what we give

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Just go to tv rage and rss a few primetime shows for each night.
    See ya in another life, brother.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    <^>^<^>
    Just search Bmtv forums , there's a nice tutorial there . Check it OUT

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by 010 View Post
    I would never have guessed a tracker would make a tutorial on how to buffer accounts. When people buffer accounts it generally harms other users because they will not be able to meet an acceptable ratio on that torrent, assuming that every other users hasn't already buffered their account previously, which is a given.

edit: On second thought, I guess BitMeTv might want to encourage some users to buffer their accounts. Their huge unused buffers fuck up the economy and might encourage other users to buy their upload credit

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Lovestoned's Avatar #Indie BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    The last time I was a new user I did the exact same thing that T.S.O.L. suggested.

It works 80% of the time, you should know what the most downloaded TV shows are.

Here's a list from TorrentFreak.

Well, if you're scared this fails then there's another fail-proof plain.

Pre-seeding.

Nowadays I only download the TV shows which aren't on TvT.ro as the latter is much more practical in terms of ratio handling.
    Back after going through many ordeals of paying for my internet.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 010 View Post
    I would never have guessed a tracker would make a tutorial on how to buffer accounts. When people buffer accounts it generally harms other users because they will not be able to meet an acceptable ratio on that torrent, assuming that every other users hasn't already buffered their account previously, which is a given.

edit: On second thought, I guess BitMeTv might want to encourage some users to buffer their accounts. Their huge unused buffers fuck up the economy and might encourage other users to buy their upload credit
    That's a fair analysis, those 10% percent with seedboxes make it a hell for the other 90% to maintain a decent ratio. Bet they are selling a couple TB a month. Can you believe someone would pay 100$ for 375 Gigs, that's sick
    Last edited by KFlint; 03-26-2009 at 06:16 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    ichigo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint View Post
    That's a fair analysis, those 10% percent with seedboxes make it a hell for the other 90% to maintain a decent ratio. Bet they are selling a couple TB a month. Can you believe someone would pay 100$ for 375 Gigs, that's sick
    It's the other way around 10% of the people don't have seedboxes and the 90% have seedboxes. Most torrents on average have 1 seeder on them for a max of 2 mins before there are 0 leechers left and all seeders. Majority of people at bitmetv have seedboxes.