Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: British MP's

Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    I take it we're just gonna wait for all of the dirt to hit before we piss ourselves laughing at the Greedy, Hypocritical Bastards?

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced View Post
    I take it we're just gonna wait for all of the dirt to hit before we piss ourselves laughing at the Greedy, Hypocritical Bastards?
    It is just a smoke screen to stop you thinking how much the bankers have cost the country. All the money 'swindled' by the MP's would not add up to the pay off that Fred Goodwin got.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    I wasn't talking about a serious debate about something we all knew (Politicians are generally corrupt and on the take).. just the general laughter at the sheer number that are so inept as to get caught through using their own legislation.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    My favourite is the one about Alistair Darling claiming for an accountant to help with his tax returns.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    LubTheStaringCat's Avatar I'm curious BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    My favourite is the one about Alistair Darling claiming for an accountant to help with his tax returns.
    I'd like to see someone shave those black eyebrows off Alistair Darling, replace them with remote control eyebrows.
    So when someone say Alistair Darling they move up and down, or Is that a touch Monty Python

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I like the one of the House Of Commons Barman saying " Come on you lot. have you no second homes to go to?"
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Ah, yer pols are a bunch of lightweights and you know it.

Our garden-variety Democrats and Republicans sneer; Nazi Pelosi probably couldn't find Blighty on a map.

You are lucky to live in Oldfloatyunsinkableland.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Ah Kev,

You miss the point.

American Politicians wear their price on their lapels, but the British Civil Service Code (which our Politicians are supposed to follow too, not just us plebs) states that we must not only be honest, but above suspicion. As Politicians in the world go, the British were considered almost sacrosanct and above reproach. One or Two getting caught in one scandel or another, obviously but in the main very Honest.

Of course they've been on the take for years.. but frankly, a couple of dodgy bus tickets would have taken them down once.

It's such a breath of fresh air when the Public see what the Civil Service has had to keep stum about for years...without one or more of us going to Jail as a result of it.

Whistle Blowing on the politicians is a risky business at best

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced View Post
    Ah Kev,

You miss the point.

American Politicians wear their price on their lapels, but the British Civil Service Code (which our Politicians are supposed to follow too, not just us plebs) states that we must not only be honest, but above suspicion. As Politicians in the world go, the British were considered almost sacrosanct and above reproach. One or Two getting caught in one scandel or another, obviously but in the main very Honest.

Of course they've been on the take for years.. but frankly, a couple of dodgy bus tickets would have taken them down once.

It's such a breath of fresh air when the Public see what the Civil Service has had to keep stum about for years...without one or more of us going to Jail as a result of it.

Whistle Blowing on the politicians is a risky business at best
    I miss the point?

Your pols are human like ours?

I remember a similar conversation about ole' Auntie Beeb...she was on the square because she was mandated to be.

A bit of a larf, and the same with your MPs.

That they could manage it so comprehensively (that is to say, without the price tags) is a tribute to overweening greed.

As to appearances before the world, western politicians aren't much different from the types permeating the ranks of the UN, whose machinations are legendary and legion.

I doubt they differentiate between American or British species.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    I don't think the abuse of the possessive apostrophe was necessary. MPs.
    Now go away.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast