Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pay for invite

Question Mark

I was curious, how many private tracker staff members would consider inviting someone for a donation?

I know some private trackers, like HDBits, give out invites based on users' ratio and account age. Others, like ScT, sell invites or give out invites to VIP members (TL). But in all those cases in order to be invited you have to know some other user who has an invite.

What if you, as a staff member, were offered a 'donation' of a certain amount, for the sake of the argument, let's say $100. The user is familiar with the tracker's rules and only has the best intentions and interest at heart

Would you invite him?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    I've already been offered up to $100 for an invite/re-enable. And I of course said no.
    What.CD Administrator

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    I really don't think you're going to get any staff member to admit that if they were offered cash for an invite(especially a hundred bucks) that they would do it.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by sexten View Post
    I've already been offered up to $100 for an invite/re-enable. And I of course said no.
    Why though? The difference between an existing member donating and a non-member wishing to donate to become a member seems to be very blurry. In the end, in both cases the money towards the tracker's needs and besides, the person in the latter case would be more likely to donate again.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    n00b
    I won't pay for an invite and why get yourself ban.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    fotografic's Avatar Poster
    I know of at least one site that will accept 100 bucks for an invite!

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ignis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sexten View Post
    Why though? The difference between an existing member donating and a non-member wishing to donate to become a member seems to be very blurry. In the end, in both cases the money towards the tracker's needs and besides, the person in the latter case would be more likely to donate again.
    Because it is morally incorrect. Invites should be free, and donating should be based on your support of the site, not just to get in. I.E. only donate to sites you love and feel deserve the support, not just so you can get invites or ratio or a higher status etc.
    What.CD Administrator

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Why shouldn't people sell invites when greedy people like sct staff profit from it...
    Last edited by phosphors; 10-31-2008 at 02:51 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by phosphors View Post
    Why shouldn't people sell invites when greedy people like sct staff profit from it...
    Are you sure they profit? I wonder if they're still accepting donations for a computer for that silly staff member who lives in a third world country.

they didn't built Rome in one day

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Ac3Dunk's Avatar S.O.P-Laf BT Rep: +5
    I lol'd for $100 I will subscrib for 6 months in usenet even more and I would care abt any ratio shiit
    #zEdit; FST is bad, it's like drugs. Mkay?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast