Thread: Oink / RevTT account deletion

just wondering if anyone knows the amount of time having not logged into these accounts that they will delete it? i have been on vacation and in the middle of a move to a new state and getting new internet service and all of my other sites are still working. it has only been a month or so since i last logged into these accounts, have been a member for a long time and on RevTT had like 130 GB uploaded with only about 40 downloaded and they would delete my account already?

on oink i had only about 18 GB or so uploaded with only 130 megs or so downloaded, and constantly seeded about 30-50 torrents for them all the time for the better part of an entire year, and they already deleted my account. I cant even rejoin RevTT anymore because it looks like they have no signup button. these were 2 of my favorite trackers that i used all of the time.

i had no problems with my sct, ftn, bitmetv, TB, FL or any other trackers except these 2. this is pretty rediculous in my opinion, they should understand that some people have lives and cant log in all of the time. has anyone else here had any problems with these trackers, or know what their account deletion time is if not logged in?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    BANNED BT Rep: +3
    from oink FAQ

Every time you browse a page on the web site we record the date and time. If that date is six weeks or more in the past, your account will be deleted for inactivity regardless of how many torrents you might be using. So, if you visit the site on January 1st, you're good until February 12th. If you were going to be away for two months, you'd need to have someone browse one page while signed in as you in the middle of that time period.

This rule does not apply to users who have achieved Power User+ status or have donated. If you don't want to have to worry about your account expiring, a one-time minimum donation of £5 (5 British Pounds) will prevent it forever. Or, you could upload a minimum of 10GB of data while keeping your ratio at or above 1.05 and you'll become a Power User+. For most people it's far easier to donate.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    stets619's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Oink is 6 weeks, not sure about revtt.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    thanks for the info, i didnt realize they were so quick to delete accounts. i realize they dont have any obligation to keep accounts active or anything but im sure its going to a huge pain in the ass to go through the trouble of getting these again. i guess im out of luck. if anyone from the staff of either of these sites would like to get a hold of me to review my info on a one time basis please feel free and i can provide the proof (if this is even possible) or if anyone can offer an invite i would appreciate it.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Kirstein's Avatar torrent lover BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I can do something else. I can tell you how to get into RevTT's help channel:

/server -m irc.revolutiontt.net
    /join #help
    /nick
    your nick.

The staff is really nice. Hope you get your account back

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    BANNED BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    The same goes with oink...a very good support staff...support is almost instant on their irc channel.
    irc.oink.cd

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    nSyder's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Yes, try to explain the problem to the staff at the RevTT IRC channel.
    They are very nice and comprehensive as Kirstein said

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    xurbia's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    oink deleted your power user account?

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    stets619's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by dubz76 View Post
    thanks for the info, i didnt realize they were so quick to delete accounts. i realize they dont have any obligation to keep accounts active or anything but im sure its going to a huge pain in the ass to go through the trouble of getting these again. i guess im out of luck. if anyone from the staff of either of these sites would like to get a hold of me to review my info on a one time basis please feel free and i can provide the proof (if this is even possible) or if anyone can offer an invite i would appreciate it.
    I can hook you up with Oink, but not revtt. PM...
    Edit: pm me your old oink username, gotta check for it first.
    Last edited by stets619; 09-14-2007 at 09:03 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    seh's Avatar ______________ BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Quote Originally Posted by xurbia View Post
    oink deleted your power user account?
    Thats pretty weird.. if you had 18gb up and a ratio above 1.05 you're suppose to be PU at oink, which would mean your account would NOT expire at all.