Thread: Thinking of purchasing a PS3 so....

Question Mark

What are the killer apps?

I mainly purchasing it for the blue-ray player and the only game I've seen that will no doubt be a killer app is MGS4. Any other games?

2. Games   -   #2
    Bucktoof's Avatar Byaaah! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Killer app? Since you referred to MGS4, I'm guessing you mean games. Killzone 2, though not sure on a release date, will be pretty damn good. I'm looking forward to Haze, got a preorder on that. Uncharted looked great, especially since I have a large HDTV and Ratchet and Clank although short was a lot of fun.

There are tons of exclusives set to come out this year, just google that and you'll easily find it. I know gamespot forums for ps3 has many threads on it. Google LittleBigPlanet

As far as applications, you can get TVersity and stream music and video from your PC onto your ps3. If you know linux, yellowdog linux is made for the ps3. Home will be coming out soon and that'll enhance the online experience, which is already free and will stay free...unless you wanna trick out your pad and online avatar when home releases
    http://4t.myminicity.com/ind - build industry!
    http://4t.myminicity.com/tra - build transportation
    http://4t.myminicity.com/sec - build security

3. Games   -   #3
    svr's Avatar Ultimata Warrior BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Lemmings was pretty fun. Uncharted looks nice but I have not played it.

Also LittleBigPlanet demo movie was hilarious but I doubt it will last long.

4. Games   -   #4
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Femto View Post
    What are the killer apps?

I mainly purchasing it for the blue-ray player and the only game I've seen that will no doubt be a killer app is MGS4. Any other games?
    Heavenly Sword - rent it though
    Resistance Fall Of Man
    Uncharted Drake's Fortune
    Ratchet & Clank TOD

looking good on the horizon....
    Gran Turismo 5
    LittleBigPlanet
    Killzone 2
    God Of War 3
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. Games   -   #5
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    only games i am interested in is:

1. MGS4 (not released)
    2. DMC4
    3. Enchanted Arms
    4. Oblivion
    5. God of War 3 (not released)
    6. Final Fantasy XIII (not released)

those are the ONLY games that i know of that "i" would give any attention to. sure, there are prob more i don't know about or forgot to mention, but that's it mainly. pretty shitty. this is why i don't have one. not worth it.

soon though, the new ps3 bundled w/mgs4 & dual shock 3 will be @ teh retailers. i believe in june.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

6. Games   -   #6
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman View Post
    looking good on the horizon....
    Gran Turismo 5
    LittleBigPlanet
    Killzone 2
    God Of War 3
    I just watched the trailer of Gran Turismo 5 last night and it's absolutely nuts how realistic it looks. It would almost make me feel uncomfortable to play it.

I can't imagine what video games are gonna be like when things look COMPLETELY realistic. Could anyone imagine controlling someone in a game who seems to be a real in every way? It would feel kind of Matrix-y.

I don't have a PS3, I played Virtua Figter 5 and Skate in the store, I thought they were fun but that's it. I think Haze looks good and I bet FFXIII and Kingdom Hearts 3 are gonna be amazing RPGs. I think future games are gonna be a lot better than what's out now.

If available, I'd probably rent games before I'd buy any just to see if they're worth it. Games are so expensive.