Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's most important in a good game?

fengzi597's Avatar Poster
    http://news.mmosite.com/content/q/20...layers_1.shtml

For players who are fastidious about character modules, they don't want to have a shot at the game with rough graphics and ugly characters, even though the gameplay is really wonderful. In this sense, it is the most important to capture players' hearts at their first sight of the game.

game1.jpg
    Are you kidding me? Aesthetics including graphics and character design is only an added plus, which is definitely not the most important thing in a good game. They may seem nice at first, but that doesn't really affect the fun of the game. Even more, many games with good aesthetics are just Apple of Sodom, such as Crysis, Mass Effect, and Far Cry 2. In addition, sometimes excellent graphics are a double sided sword, coz players have to get a high hardware to run it.

Gameplay obviously comes first! It is the core structure of the game as a whole. If the main concept of the game doesn't work or isn't fun, it will totally ruin the game. Aesthetic will only get you so far if the gameplay is absolute shit. I won’t play any boring games even I like the way they look. And I used to have a lot of fun with some games with nice gameplay and bad graphics, such as Minecraft and Runescape.

In short, gameplay is far more important than Aesthetics. If the gameplay is good, then who the hell cares about the aesthetics.

Furthmore, below's my top 4 things that I look for in a good game.
    1. Gameplay (According to what I have said above).
    2. Storyline (A lot of games are very popular due to their great storyline, which makes me wanna play through the game again).
    3. Aesthetics (Great graphics and art style will make a game better, but which is not the main point).
    4. Sound (Without doubt, it is the least important).

What do you think is most important in a good game?

2. Games   -   #2
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    I love bewbs in videogames.

3. Games   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    I guess you might like a very sexy game called Kabod.

4. Games   -   #4
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by fengzi597 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    I guess you might like a very sexy game called Kabod.
    example

kabod_3.jpg
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

5. Games   -   #5
    gameplay is definitely the most important

6. Games   -   #6
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    I'm a teenager. So obviously graphics are most important to me. Fuck the gameplay...

7. Games   -   #7
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    I'm a teenager. So obviously graphics are most important to me. Fuck the gameplay...
    Graphics being a euphemism for bewbs.
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. Games   -   #8
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I'm not a game player, but I do enjoy watching people make their way through games. I enjoy watching games evolve in terms of graphics and "cleverness". Way back when I was playing games on my C-64 (or even earlier on ColecoVision), I could almost always spot what had to be done because of the limited patterns the obstacles (monsters/objects, etc.) would take. There really wasn't much to see or do.

Now, is a whole other story. As a non-gamer, I'm actually overwhelmed by the requirements of some controller/keyboard combinations necessary to advance. Granted, I could build up my skills (as one learns anything new), and get used to "common" controlling practices in modern games. However, I am just as content to watch. Heck, I'm kind of a game voyeur, so to speak.

I've got Google TV via a Logitech box, and one of the apps is for On-Live. Apparently, I am not the only one who likes to watch people progress through games. In fact, I can see "skilled" players creating names for themselves and becoming (yet another) for of semi-celeb.

So, basically, I like the bewbs.

EDIT- What is this game with the two chicks fighting (top pic), BTW? Is that actual gameplay, or just unplayable video?
    Last edited by megabyteme; 04-29-2012 at 08:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

9. Games   -   #9
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    EDIT- What is this game with the two chicks fighting (top pic), BTW? Is that actual gameplay, or just unplayable video?
    Looks like Dead or Alive to me, recognize the girl on the right, think she's a ninja.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

10. Games   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by gon69 View Post
    gameplay is definitely the most important
    Yep, it is true. What about others?

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    Graphics being a euphemism for bewbs.
    You are funny. But it is not true.
    Last edited by fengzi597; 05-04-2012 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast