Thread: Rockstar Games' 'Bully' banned in Brazil

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    JUDGE DECIDES IT'S TOO VIOLENT FOR KIDS

SAO PAULO, Brazil - "Bully" has taken a beating in Brazil, where a judge suspended sales of the video game on the grounds it is too violent for young children and teenagers, a prosecutor said Thursday.
    Judge Flavio Rabello prohibited the game from being imported, distributed, sold or promoted on Web sites or in stores in Latin America's largest nation, said Rio Grande do Sul state prosecutor Alcindo Bastos. Companies have 30 days to comply with the judge's order.
    Bastos said the judge found the game was inappropriate for children.
    "The aggravating factor is that everything in the game takes place inside a school," Bastos said. "That is not acceptable."
    Made by Rockstar Games and mainly distributed in Brazil by JPF Maggazine, the game lets players act out the life of a 15-year-old student and decide how to deal with teachers and cliques at a boarding school.
    A local youth support center had requested the ban.
    "We have not been notified of the judge's decision," JPF Maggazine's attorney Diogo Dias Teixeira said. "When we are, we will decide if we will appeal."
    He said the company advised retailers not to sell the game to anyone under the age of 18.
    A spokesman for Rockstar was unaware of the ban and could not immediately comment Thursday.

Do any of these twits actually take the time to play these games before censoring them?
    After playing bully I didn't have the desire to go out and punch someone.
    I do now.

2. Games   -   #2
    Poster
    Well, it makes some sense. While it isn't nearly as violent as GTA or Manhunt, it takes place inside a school, and the protagonist is a teenager. This might have implications on other teenagers or schoolboys, which are more light-minded than adults.

3. Games   -   #3
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    After playing bully I didn't have the desire to go out and punch someone.
    I do now.

No kidding.
    That is ridiculous. The game isn't that bad at all. And though, maybe not appropriate for a small child - who's parent should keep them away from this stuff anyway, it's perfectly acceptable for a teen audience and older.

It's not a very serious game anyway... I could possibly see if it was Manhunt or something like that, but Bully - Bully is merely a comedic game for people with a slightly mature, yet still immature sense of humor?
    In any case, I don't see why they should ban the game from the entire country - leave it up to the parents to monitor what their kids are playing.

4. Games   -   #4
    2 Million Ways BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    It's very cool ..I like it .