Thread: Sony rumors

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Sony rumors: PlayStation3 price drop and a PS3 white .

A rumor is spreading that a PS3 price drop is coming soon. According to the latest we could see PS3 for $299 as early as January 28.

The possible origin of this rumor comes from a website called Sickdeals.net. The bargain hunter website is credited with predicting the last round of price drops to both PlayStation3 and Xbox 360 just weeks before they were executed.

Source: http://www.gizmorepublic.com/gaming/...ps3-white-2820

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Finally us cheapos will be able to afford something instead of paying the ridiculous price of £400 for a console i don't know if there is any difference in functionality if you compare the two colours but i could not care less which i would buy as long as they work the a good amount of time
    Last edited by sleepyy; 01-26-2008 at 03:18 PM.

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyy View Post
    Finally us cheapos will be able to afford something instead of paying the ridiculous price of £400 for a console i don't know if there is any difference in functionality if you compare the two colours but i could not care less which i would buy as long as they work the a good amount of time

The news that Sony is discontinuing the 80 gb model on 1/28/08 has me wondering whats on the horizon ?

Link : http://www.pcworld.ca/news/article/b...8a81de/pg1.htm

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    They are in great shape right now.
    I can see maybe a white PS3, but a price cut? I don't think so.

I read that Sony just is starting to break even on their PS3 ($0 lost or gained).
    They just won the HD war, buying Warner off for a $500 million dollar one time pay off (Toshiba only offered $100 million).

But, I'm pulling for those people out there that have been waiting of this. I'm a PC gamer myself, so - which ever way the wind blows.

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    People (PS3s message boards and such) seem to think that the price drop won't be happening for a few weeks/months... Atleast until the remaining stock of the 80GB PS3s dries up... However, some say that we will only see a new bundle option with the 40GB versions, and not a price drop...

FYI Stores like BestBuy, Dell, Gamestop, etc. stopped selling 80GB and won't be getting anymore in...