Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seeding @ TS tracker

sheriff 01's Avatar Safety First! BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    I generally know how to pick the right torrents and am sometimes able to jump on them right away but it has been my experience that it is almost next to impossible to seed very well at this tracker.
    Is there anything i can do, maybe i am over looking something.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    as far as i know the tracker was mainly used with seedboxes, so it was really difficult (if not impossible) to establish an acceptable ratio with your home connection. i was on ts tracker a few months ago, i dont know if its still like that, but earlier it was pretty much impossible for me to maintain a good ratio with 40 kB/s upload speed

asking in the forums of ts tracker itself would make much more sense. its definitely hard, but not impossible...
    Last edited by nrs; 11-16-2008 at 04:35 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    crooked's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Hi.

You're completely right. It's very hard to seed at this tracker because you don't have the rights to upload and also the waiting time is a big problem. When I became a member of this community it took me around 2 months to leave the waiting time behind me.. I uploaded around 50MB every day, couldn't upload more because of the huge amount of webseeders.

If you're invited and your invitor has a seedbox, then you are allowed to give him torrents he could seed for you. I gave some torrents (Especially games and TV-Series to my inviter who had a seedbox). This helped me to get a good ratio.

Just stay in seed as long as you can, try to load files from other trackers and start seeding at TS when waiting time is over.

Relax, it takes some time to become a normal user with the rights to download and upload, but don't panic. :-)

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    sheriff 01's Avatar Safety First! BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by nrs View Post
    as far as i know the tracker was mainly used with seedboxes, so it was really difficult (if not impossible) to establish an acceptable ratio with your home connection. i was on ts tracker a few months ago, i dont know if its still like that, but earlier it was pretty much impossible for me to maintain a good ratio with 40 kB/s upload speed

asking in the forums of ts tracker itself would make much more sense. its definitely hard, but not impossible...
    I have already asked in the forums there and i am using a seedbox at TS but maybe the problem is that i need a better box. I am using torrentflux at the moment.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by sheriff 01 View Post

I have already asked in the forums there and i am using a seedbox at TS but maybe the problem is that i need a better box. I am using torrentflux at the moment.
    With a seedbox you should be able to keep up the ratio. Do you still have waiting time?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    no i do not have wait time restrictions but it just seems like i am fighting tooth and nail to build ratio there. i am able to maintain decent ratio but it takes forever!

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    I'm staff,kiss m ass BT Rep: +1
    It really is hard there, one server stacked over another. I often had to seed for months to reach a better ratio.

One time there was a slow first-seeder and a horde of seedboxes in the swarm. I got the file from another place, so I had exclusive seeding possibilities for the parts that didn't leave the initial seeder yet. My box uploaded with many MB/s, still, I was only able to give away every new part one time. After I gave the first copy out, I wasn't involved in the distribution anymore. They all turned 100% within seconds.
    Last edited by Sonnentier; 11-16-2008 at 05:38 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnentier View Post
    It really is hard there, one server stacked over another. I often had to seed for months to reach a better ratio.

One time there was a slow first-seeder and a horde of seedboxes in the swarm. I got the file from another place, so I had exclusive seeding possibilities for the parts that didn't leave the initial seeder yet. My box uploaded with many MB/s, still, I was only able to give away every new part one time. After I gave the first copy out, I wasn't involved in the distribution anymore. They all turned 100% within seconds.
    After I gave the first copy out, I wasn't involved in the distribution anymore. They all turned 100% within seconds.<<LOL

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    But recently, the speed of TS is amazing, even at torrent #8000

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by sheriff 01 View Post

The maybe,you have to pause/stop all your torrents before jumping on new torrents.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast