Thread: 'Dead Space' The Movie Is A Go For Launch!

SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Yes off the game! If the movie is anything like the game is, watch out...and yes Dead Space 2 and 3 are in the works!

The Electronic Arts hit vidgame "Dead Space" is on course to become a sci-fi/horror film, with "Eagle Eye" helmer D.J. Caruso attached to direct.

EA will produce the film with Temple Hill partners Marty Bowen and Wyck Godfrey.

The producers, EA and Caruso have been listening to takes from prospective screenwriters, and once they set a writer and EA signs off on a creative direction, they will auction the property to studios. That will likely happen in early September.

The last EA property to follow that course was "Dante's Inferno" -- a journey through the depths of hell; Universal made the deal after a four-studio bidding battle.

"Dead Space" is set in the 26th century in deep space, where an engineer who responds to a distress signal from a mining ship finds the vessel infested with monstrous creatures called Necromorphs. The creatures are human corpses, reanimated by an alien virus.

EA launched the game in 2008 and is working on the second and third installments.

"Dead Space" becomes the fifth EA title to percolate as a feature property. Aside from the "Dante's Inferno" film that will be produced by Strike Entertainment partners Eric Newman and Marc Abraham, EA is in business with Universal on "Army of Two," with Scott Z. Burns ("The Bourne Ultimatum") scripting and Scott Stuber producing. EA's "The Sims" is being developed by producer John Davis and "Mass Effect" by "Spider-Man" producer Avi Arad.

Temple Hill's Bowen and Godfrey are producing "Gears of War," a live-action adaptation of the Microsoft and Epic Games' vidgame for New Line, with Len Wiseman attached to direct and Chris Morgan scripting.

Caruso is also developing "Defender," the Gary Witta-scripted DreamWorks drama that Alex Kurtzman and Robert Orci are producing.

EA's repped by UTA and attorney David Fox, while Caruso's repped by CAA and Media Talent Group.
    http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...ryid=1079&cs=1
    [center]

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    i'll watch it. cartoon was good, but left me short. need another.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    but the videogame is fooking awesome.
    can't wait for part 2.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    KushBlow's Avatar Zen BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I saw a trailer for this movie but it wasn't called Dead Space. And it said it was from the directors of Resident Evil. Are we talking about the same movie?

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by KushBlow View Post
    I saw a trailer for this movie but it wasn't called Dead Space. And it said it was from the directors of Resident Evil. Are we talking about the same movie?
    there is no trailer for this.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    KushBlow's Avatar Zen BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. nails View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KushBlow View Post
    there is no trailer for this.
    I could swear I saw a trailer for a movie that looked JUST like Dead Space, from the directors or producers of Resident Evil. I'll try to find it and post it here for comparison.

EDIT: Found it!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1188729/
    Last edited by KushBlow; 08-08-2009 at 10:38 PM.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Huh?

D.J. Caruso eh?Great a studio yes man. The Salton Sea followed by Disturbia followed by Eagle Eye.At the rate he's going downhill I am not expecting Alien here.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8

Urgent

Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    but the videogame is fooking awesome.
    can't wait for part 2.
    really fooking awesome.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Member BT Rep: +1
    I hope it's not another doom O.o