Thread: Calzaghe vs. Bika

Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Great fucking fight!

He didn't walk through Bika like he did with Lacy.

I did hate that because HBO has a deal with him that they made favorable comments toward him. Like when they said early on that Bika will probably get a warning for holding when it was Joe that was holding most of the fight.

The point taken away from Bika for the head butt was bullshit too.

However, I must give it up to Calzaghe who was obviously being depleted by decent opponent by a good showing for the judges in the last round.

Calzaghe said he watched a lot of Leonard growing up and it showed (even in his showboating).

One note: Many say that Calzaghe is a slapper and....he is. However, in this fight he went away from that and he needs keep to slapping like when he slapped Jeff Lacy silly.

His slapping style wins fights and he should keep at that and not venture off.

Now it looks like he will come over here to fight. He said in the interview afterwards that he was sorry this fight was not a very impressive showing and....it wasn't but he won. I think that's the marketing side of boxing.

He also said he wants to fight Bernard Hopkins but he's retired. Funny thing is that would work for him with beating a still popularcomingoutofretirement boxer.

I sure would watch.

Unfortunately....not on PPV though.

2. Sports Club   -   #2
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    He was lucky not to get another point of for butting some of it was so blatant as to be ridiculous. Actually he only got away with it because Micky Vann wanted to be seen as more than fair to him.

If you take away all the bullshit and nonsense Calzaghe won by a mile, as reflected in the scorecards.

3. Sports Club   -   #3
    Go On...........
    bika was dirty

just tried to head butt him and got angry cos he fell over in the second round

nooob

4. Sports Club   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by sjg1983 View Post
    bika was dirty

just tried to head butt him and got angry cos he fell over in the second round

nooob
    Hmmm...I didn't see blatant head butts to warrant a point taken away. However, he lost even with the point.

Calzaghe held the most in the fight and for good reason.

It was funny that during the fight Calzaghe hit after the bell at least twice but all that was mentioned was that Bika hit after the bell.

Hometown cooking and HBO.

I wish Calzaghe had whipped the shit out of Bika. Many folks I talk to hadn't heard of Calzaghe and with this not being a very impressive win, it doesn't help the buzz factor even with it being on HBO.

Maybe some unification fights can help.....

5. Sports Club   -   #5
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    People still watch boxing?

Why, when there's UFC?

Download any one of the past 5 or 6 UFC fights. It rocks!

yo

6. Sports Club   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    People still watch boxing?

Why, when there's UFC?

Download any one of the past 5 or 6 UFC fights. It rocks!
    Hell any one boxer will only fight once a year nowadays ....so yes I'll watch.

I keep missing UFC. The repeats come on INHD but I never set the tivo.

You need to check out Pride fighting also.