Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Playing downloaded wii games

S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Is there anything special you need to do in order to play downloaded NTSC wii games?

2. Games   -   #2
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Whoa, when did all these Wii releases come out? I wonder... is it possible to play them yet, I'm curious to know myself... I just might grab me a Wii.

3. Games   -   #3
    Retired
    There are images of WII games but there is still no tool/modchip that allows you to play them.

4. Games   -   #4
    DaMan05's Avatar GO HABS GO! BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    It will soon be done. Microsoft has expirence in this and the 360 was done in 3 months. Nintendo has no experience, i reckon it will be done sooner.

5. Games   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMan05 View Post
    It will soon be done. Microsoft has expirence in this and the 360 was done in 3 months. Nintendo has no experience, i reckon it will be done sooner.
    What do you mean experience? Nintendo has been making consoles for alot longer then Microsoft.

No way to play them yet, just like when we started seeing releases of 360 games. They are just raw dumps but there should be a hack coming very soon.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

6. Games   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by SingaBoiy View Post
    What do you mean experience? Nintendo has been making consoles for alot longer then Microsoft.

No way to play them yet, just like when we started seeing releases of 360 games. They are just raw dumps but there should be a hack coming very soon.
    by experience, i mean in countering piracy. they do it with all there products.

for nintendo, only the GC games were ever pirated, and that by only a few.

microsoft counters piracy of windows, office, xbox and xbox360. thats what i meant by experience.

and nice SG-1 av.... its my favorite show also, too bad its the last season at least there'll still be SGA and BSG

7. Games   -   #7
    BANNED BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    actually i heard wii along with game cube has some vicious antipiracy schemes, however i would rather buy cheaper games than pirate it, nintendo really deserves to be supported for such an fun system

8. Games   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by jokzor View Post
    actually i heard wii along with game cube has some vicious antipiracy schemes, however i would rather buy cheaper games than pirate it, nintendo really deserves to be supported for such an fun system
    true, true... but you actually think its fun? I find it quite boring and childish. Mind you i've only played WiiSports and Zelda.

9. Games   -   #9
    BANNED BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by jokzor View Post
    true, true... but you actually think its fun? I find it quite boring and childish. Mind you i've only played WiiSports and Zelda.
    well.. i've only played wiisports :p, and yes the images and the design is roundy, un-detailed, and yes childish, but i like the way the remote works

10. Games   -   #10
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SingaBoiy View Post

by experience, i mean in countering piracy. they do it with all there products.

for nintendo, only the GC games were ever pirated, and that by only a few.

microsoft counters piracy of windows, office, xbox and xbox360. thats what i meant by experience.

and nice SG-1 av.... its my favorite show also, too bad its the last season at least there'll still be SGA and BSG
    Incorrect... Nintendo were dealing with piracy years ago for NES Snes and Gameboy.

They had battles in court over companys who produced hardware to make copies of the carts onto 3.5" floppy. You could then playback the games from the floppy drive and sell on the cart if you so wished. I would call that experience with Piracy.

Did they need to develope code to stop this? No... because it was not widley done because the copy units cost quite some dosh back then. Its not been a big thing for Nintendo because its always been so expensive so much harder for the piracy to be done then on say XBox or PS2... XBox being the easiest to hack then any other I think.

Anyways they have had experiance and who knows what steps they have taken on the WII because they have not said.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast