Thread: windows installer damaging

windows installer is damaging all the times anybody know how to backup windows installer only and restore it
    I am using norton ghost is there a way to restore installer from ghost image

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    my advice would be to run system file shecker. insert your installation disk and in the run window, type "sfc /scannow"

if you installed your os from a downloaded disk image of windows and still have the image, use it and the process will go a lot faster.

in order to use the image, you will have to have a virtual drive (like daemon tools or alcohol 120%).
    procedure:
    1. goto to control panel and double click "administrative tools"
    2. open "computer management"
    3. on the left panel, click on 'disk management"
    4. right click on your PHYSICAL drive and select "change drive letter and paths"
    5. change the letter to anthing else.
    6. change the letter of your VIRTUAL drive to the original letter of your PHYSICAL drive in the same way.
    7. mount the image and run the sfc command.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by mbucari1 View Post
    my advice would be to run system file shecker. insert your installation disk and in the run window, type "sfc /scannow"

if you installed your os from a downloaded disk image of windows and still have the image, use it and the process will go a lot faster.

in order to use the image, you will have to have a virtual drive (like daemon tools or alcohol 120%).
    procedure:
    1. goto to control panel and double click "administrative tools"
    2. open "computer management"
    3. on the left panel, click on 'disk management"
    4. right click on your PHYSICAL drive and select "change drive letter and paths"
    5. change the letter to anthing else.
    6. change the letter of your VIRTUAL drive to the original letter of your PHYSICAL drive in the same way.
    7. mount the image and run the sfc command.
    but sfc /scannow will overwrite windows update patches.
    there is a way to backup windows system files using windows native backup utility .I only want to backup and restore windows installer file only but not sure which file is .windows latest installer 3.1 (v2) is available for download from microsoft site but it is more buggy crap.it crashes every time

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    do you see windows installer listed among add/remove programs?

if so, uninstall it and then reinstall through windows update.

report back

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by mbucari1 View Post
    do you see windows installer listed among add/remove programs?

if so, uninstall it and then reinstall through windows update.

report back
    actually problem was windows installer latest version not allow to apply any patch or crack to unlock any apps, if do it will crash
    if installer damaged there is option to run it as another user using the shift key but some apps need the current user instal
    only way is finding the installer v 3 and I find it after a lot of searching (http://www.freefunfiles.com/software...-download.html) thanks for your support
    I fix it finally