Thread: Azureus/Internet Connection Problem

Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    My router was dying (had to keep restarting it every 20 minutes) and I was talking to my uncle about it and he gave me a Linksys router that he had bought a while ago, but he had never used it or even opened the box (so I suppose it's virtually brand new.)

On the new router I can connect to the internet just fine, the pages load quickly, but when I open Azureus I lose my entire connection. Nothing is even downloading or seeding. The browser pages don't load, they don't even try to load, they just go straight to the "no connection" page.

Then as soon as I quit Azureus the internet starts working perfectly again.

This just seems crazy to me, anyone have any idea whats going on? It's bugging the crap out of me.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Grind$oFine View Post
    My router was dying (had to keep restarting it every 20 minutes) and I was talking to my uncle about it and he gave me a Linksys router that he had bought a while ago, but he had never used it or even opened the box (so I suppose it's virtually brand new.)

On the new router I can connect to the internet just fine, the pages load quickly, but when I open Azureus I lose my entire connection. Nothing is even downloading or seeding. The browser pages don't load, they don't even try to load, they just go straight to the "no connection" page.

Then as soon as I quit Azureus the internet starts working perfectly again.

This just seems crazy to me, anyone have any idea whats going on? It's bugging the crap out of me.

what os?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    OSX Leopard
    & Azureus 2.4.0.5 or whatever the stable version was before Vuze that's allowed on all the trackers.

Transmission seems to be working flawlessly..

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    OSX Leopard
    & Azureus 2.4.0.5 or whatever the stable version was before Vuze that's allowed on all the trackers.

i think you use a macbook, right? wireless?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    OSX Leopard

Yes.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6

Yes.
    Airport Utility->Internet->Advanced->IPv6->"Link Local Only"

try this

and turn ipv6 off on other computers that might be in the network
    Last edited by Polarbear; 11-22-2007 at 08:38 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    I'm using a Linksys router so I can't even use the Airport utility.
    I'm on the linksys site to see what setting I can change but I don't don't see anything remotely close to what you said.

Kind of strange, I've been connected to this brand of routers before without any problems,
    and it still doesn't make sense that Transmission would have no problems and Azureus would.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    it's not the router. it's a conflict between AEBS 802.11n and azureus. you gotta switch ipv6 from tunnel mode to link local only.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    it's not the router. it's a conflict between AEBS 802.11n and azureus. you gotta switch ipv6 from tunnel mode to link local only.
    Ahh, I see, well thanks a lot for the help Polarbear, I really appreciate it. Now that I know the problem, I can probably find out the rest from google.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Ahh, I see, well thanks a lot for the help Polarbear, I really appreciate it. Now that I know the problem, I can probably find out the rest from google.
    you're quite welcome. let me know if you were able to fix it.