Thread: Demonoid Forums- What's keeping them down?

Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    We all know the site's back up.So why are their forums down? Is their some technical pitfall that i'm missing here?

Anyone got any inside info/conspiracy theories they'd like to share?

Are they shying away from the tsunamic amount of reseed requests they're gonna receive once they return?

Discuss.
    Last edited by soulreaper; 05-09-2008 at 02:32 PM. Reason: location removed.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Why are you publicly stating where they may be located? Just making easier for the powers at hand I see..

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by grimms View Post
    Why are you publicly stating where they may be located? Just making easier for the powers at hand I see..
    Dude, you know better than that. I think the alphabet boys can Google, WhoIs and copy and paste the domain like any other n00b.

The forums are probably down so they don't overstrain the server more.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    I hope so. The way these anti privacy groups act.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Post edited,not that it made a big difference in the first place for a site like demonoid.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    The forum is not down it is where it has always been since Demonoid went down. SubDemon has been the place where members went after the tracker went down last year. It is still going strong, with all the changes and reopening of the site they just haven't migrated back to the old forum yet. The community is alive and well and the forum is still very active.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by trackrider View Post
    The forum is not down it is where it has always been since Demonoid went down. SubDemon has been the place where members went after the tracker went down last year. It is still going strong, with all the changes and reopening of the site they just haven't migrated back to the old forum yet. The community is alive and well and the forum is still very active.
    I was actually referring to the "Old fora" and asking myself what's keeping it down. I know it's not completely gone,it's just down.But why is it still down?
    Subdemon came up after demonoid went down which I did know but the problem is that no filesharing discussions/reseed requests etc are allowed there.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    I think the plan is to eventually restore the older fora but with all the changes and the work to get the site going I think they just are leaving the forum where it is for now. Personally I am grateful that the folks at Demonoid have worked so hard to keep the community together and to get the site back. I can be patient for the rest.
    Last edited by trackrider; 05-09-2008 at 03:44 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaper View Post

Post edited,not that it made a big difference in the first place for a site like demonoid.
    Thank you not trying to be a scrooge or anything. I just think it's better and wise to not give certain affiliations out there more info then they need but dunson did point out the obvious they are other ways they can attain the information.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaper View Post

Thank you not trying to be a scrooge or anything. I just think it's better and wise to not give certain affiliations out there more info then they need but dunson did point out the obvious they are other ways they can attain the information.
    Now you're just spamming. You haven't even addressed the actual topic yet.