View Poll Results: What Should The Patriot's Punishment Be?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Forfeit The Game Against The Jets

6 66.67%
  • A Hefty Fine

6 66.67%
  • Loss Of Draft Picks

4 44.44%
  • Other (please explain)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Should The Patriot's Punishment Be?

Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    What Should The Patriot's Punishment Be?

Choose all that are necessary.

2. Sports Club   -   #2
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I say take the W away from them make them 0-0 again

thats the punishment you would get for Rugby League over here docking Points

teams get punished for going over the salary cap that way this is even more serious

I might be bias coz I hate the cunts but yeah either that or a 1st round draft pick not that it wil matter they will be 32nd pick there going 19-0 this year

3. Sports Club   -   #3
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I must have missed something. What happened?

yo

4. Sports Club   -   #4
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    I must have missed something. What happened?

A N.E. Pats employee was caught videotaping the Jets sidelines looking out for the signals the Jets were using.

I say they should forfeit the Jets game.
    "However awkwardly they might navigate the outside world, over the board they were killers." - NYT

5. Sports Club   -   #5
    yes and be 0-1 but would that also make the jets 0-1? It wouldnt make a difference anyway that team looks unstoppable this year regarless if they cheat

6. Sports Club   -   #6
    kaffeine's Avatar No queda el tiempo
    I say forfeit the games + fine

7. Sports Club   -   #7
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    NEW YORK — New England coach Bill Belichick was fined the NFL maximum of $500,000 Thursday and the Patriots were ordered to pay $250,000 for videotaping an opponent's offensive and defensive signals.

Commissioner Roger Goodell also ordered the team to give up next year's first-round draft choice if it reaches the playoffs and second- and third-round picks if it doesn't.

"This episode represents a calculated and deliberate attempt to avoid longstanding rules designed to encourage fair play and promote honest competition on the playing field," Goodell said in a letter to the Patriots.

yo

8. Sports Club   -   #8
    Didn't even know they had a rule against that. I thought it was apart of all sports to steal signs which is why you change the signs.

9. Sports Club   -   #9
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adster View Post
    I say take the W away from them make them 0-0 again
    It would make them 0-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Adster View Post
    yes and be 0-1 but would that also make the jets 0-1? It wouldnt make a difference anyway that team looks unstoppable this year regarless if they cheat
    No. It would the give the Jets the win.

Quote Originally Posted by briand5379 View Post
    Didn't even know they had a rule against that. I thought it was apart of all sports to steal signs which is why you change the signs.
    Of course it is. However, you can't use video recording equipment or, to my knowledge, things like parabolic mics.

I think they should have lost draft picks, had a hefty fine, and forfeited the game.

It would have been perfect to make an example of a team that has had 3 SB wins in this decade and it would have given a win to a rival coach in the same division.

That could have made a difference in the playoffs.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 09-15-2007 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. Sports Club   -   #10
    you couldnt make them 0-1 because they didnt lose the game though and the jets didnt win it

NE should stay at 0-0 if its win taken away and the jets at 0-1

well.. thats kinda the way its done here if a team trys to cheat for example have more players on the field they have competition points taken away from them (2 for a win ) and thats it

giving the Jets the win isnt fair for other teams going for a playoff game if they finish level

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast