Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What a cruel world.

tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    What started yesterday as our amazingly fun end of year trip to the Sea of Gallilee, ended in tears today.

We arrived yesterday evening at the beach, and had the fun of our lives.. Alcohol, BBQ, sea, what not.. Went on deep into the night..

However, this morning, around 8AM, a couple of the girls got a phone call where they were told that a soldier aged 21 died in a car crash up north. The soldier, was a member of a ballroom dancing group in our town, who danced with 3 of the girls in our year (2 of which went with us on this trip). He was also known by others in the year. I myself didn't personally know him, but through the pain and tears of my fellow friends, felt the pain very deeply. It's a shame that this year will be remembered by it's sad ending, rather than the happy one we intended it to have.

Cruel, cruel world.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Our dead, no matter who they may be, should be mourned upon their departure.

There are those who will celebrate, still.

We see them constantly on television...who are they?

Anyone here know them?

Want to know them?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Sorry j2k, I didn't quite get what you posted about.. Probably still in a shitty mindset about what happened.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

There are those who will celebrate, still.

We see them constantly on television...who are they?

Anyone here know them?

Want to know them?
    Allllllrighty then.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut

Unsure

Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    True.

When I was a senior in high school a guy who graduated 1-2(?) years before I did was killed in Iraq. The guy was a total douchebag, a druggie, an idiot and was well known for trying to pull off a certain stunt (attempted robbery) when I was a freshman.

Anyways, he joined the Army and got kill in Iraq. News hit the school and alotta people cried and started talking about how he was great guy.

I suppose they went by your philosophy and wanted a hero.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Death won't wait for the right moment. You'll learn as more people in your life pass away, that the timing is never right.

Life isn't always beautiful, that's for sure. Sometimes it's just plain hard, and sadly, this will not be the only time something like this happens to you unless you're one of the lucky. I know I've seen way too many friends "go" before their time.

You can let it knock you down, break your heart, make you cry, whatever, but just know that the deceased would never want people to spend time dwelling upon their death and sadness. The struggles I had with losing 4 friends in a 14 month span, all in isolated incidents during my high school senior year and after was the toughest time of my life. Those struggles I had made me stronger, and the changes I went through made me wiser. These days, I have a completely different outlook on death and dying.

Mourn appropriately, and then move on - it's best for everyone, I've found.

yo

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by tralalala View Post
    What started yesterday as our amazingly fun end of year trip to the Sea of Gallilee, ended in tears today.

We arrived yesterday evening at the beach, and had the fun of our lives.. Alcohol, BBQ, sea, what not.. Went on deep into the night..

However, this morning, around 8AM, a couple of the girls got a phone call where they were told that a soldier aged 21 died in a car crash up north. The soldier, was a member of a ballroom dancing group in our town, who danced with 3 of the girls in our year (2 of which went with us on this trip). He was also known by others in the year. I myself didn't personally know him, but through the pain and tears of my fellow friends, felt the pain very deeply. It's a shame that this year will be remembered by it's sad ending, rather than the happy one we intended it to have.

Cruel, cruel world.
    I am sorry to hear that Rafi ..sad or happy let's just hope or pray.. that it does end.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Thanks all for the replies.. It's the girls I was so sad about.. They were literally a wreck, and still are. I talk to them often to try sooth things up, though it's mighty hard..

Se la vie.. I guess.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Sad sad story.

I think death is a fair reminder to the living what is important in life.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    DominatoR's Avatar Me BT Rep: +3
    Life is very short and unpredictable

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast