Thread: Waffles.fm if its open

Hey all I haven't been keeping up on the status of waffles lately but if its open I would greatly appreciate an invite.

I'm a member at ST but many times when I am searching for an album it can not be found there. I am hoping to expand my searching option.

Thank you
    -Tenth

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #2
    megmax's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    The site is temporarily overloaded and closed for invites.
    Only invites
    Retired Trader

you will win more invites if you dont trade

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #3
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Yep, it's closed atm. When they are open they open randomly during throughout the day
    See ya in another life, brother.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #4
    SenorBubbz's Avatar /¨_¨°.-.§.-.°¨_¨\ BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanka113 View Post
    Wrong area...
    Right section actually..

And to me What.CD is better than Waffles. Try to get in there.
    o hai

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #5
    I was a member of What when they first opened but after all the security problems I disabled my account.

Are things running smooth at What now? If so I would appreciate an invite back to check it out.

TY again
    -Tenth

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #6
    SenorBubbz's Avatar /¨_¨°.-.§.-.°¨_¨\ BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenth View Post
    I was a member of What when they first opened but after all the security problems I disabled my account.

Are things running smooth at What now? If so I would appreciate an invite back to check it out.

TY again
    -Tenth
    No security problems now. They updated their Ratio Requirements:

Downloaded (GB) - Requirement
    5 - No Requirement
    5-10 - 0.10
    10-15 - 0.15
    15-20 - 0.20
    20+ - 0.30

New concept called Gazelle that they are introducting:
    Quote Originally Posted by What.cd Staff
    After these past few months of development, the code on Gazelle is reaching its final stages of completion - only a few pages are left to be written. As such, we've decided to announce our official release date for the alpha - March 5th.

On March 5th, we will allow our VIPs to register accounts and basically try their best to break it. When we're satisfied with the preliminary bulletproofing, we'll transition the entire site to the Gazelle codebase (keeping all of our data, of course), and run the site on a beta version of Gazelle for as long as it takes to iron out all the bugs. When we're satisfied with our progress, we'll release the final version of Gazelle under the AGPL license.

For the time being, we've decided to show you guys a couple screenshots of the page I finished this morning - artist.php. This page is a special little page which shows all the data we have that concerns a particular artist - a wiki article, a list of torrents, requests, tags, statistics, and, of course, similar artists.

Here's an artist page, showing off the Layer Cake stylesheet: http://projectgazelle.org/files/previews/Artists_Layer_Cake.png
    And here's the same page, showing off the Anorex stylesheet: http://projectgazelle.org/files/previews/Artists_Anorex.png

The similar artists system is probably the most interesting part of the page - the stats are generated by a script which looks at similarities in users' snatches, and refined by users voting a similarity up or down. The tags are interesting as well - they're composed of tags on the artists' torrents, which can be voted up and down by users.

Of course, the entire artist page is cached as well - which means that it's possible to load it without touching our database.

Hang in there for a couple more weeks, guys. Gazelle is on its way.
    Great website now with 128,932 torrents and counting
    o hai