Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: question for seedbox users

Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5

Question Mark

do you actually transfer the files from your seedbox to your computer to watch/use them?

or

do you just seed them as much as possible and delete the files afterwards?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    sorry to hijack your thread , but i have a question

when you transfer files from seedbox to your pc , how does that affect your ratio ?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    both

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    The second option would seem a bit daft. What's the point of downloading something if it won't be for personal use? -_o

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by VillageShaman View Post
    The second option would seem a bit daft. What's the point of downloading something if it won't be for personal use? -_o
    Have you ever watched statistics on some trackers ... peeps with 20 à 30 TB download and upload ... they have downloaded more than they'll ever be able to watch/listen/use.

I only download things if I'm gonna use/watch/listen to them so I go for the first option.
    Can you feel the LOVE

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster
    Both.

Ratio boost first, and then download what you want for the long term.

Let's just say, I'm set for years ( if the trackers last that long ) on some top trackers,
    thanks to a couple months of power seeding.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    well if I'm maxing the bandwidth on my seedbox, what's the point in ftp'ing whatever it is over to my pc? Even if it's not maxed out, I almost always redownload the files, just for the sake of convenience and for the added traffic. In fact I didn't even have any method (ie ftp) set up for the longest time to transfer files from seedbox to pc.

anyways i havn't had a seedbox for quite some time now and i can't see myself paying for one anytime in the near future.. it's just a waste of money if you're not an uploader and i don't have the motivation, nor am i l33t enough to have scene access.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.sharer View Post
    sorry to hijack your thread , but i have a question

when you transfer files from seedbox to your pc , how does that affect your ratio ?
    Umm....

Sorry, but this is a rather silly question.

When you transfer the files from your box to your PC, that doesn't affect your ratio at all. The files remain on the server, unless you delete them.

You're just 'copying' the files to your PC
    Last edited by Barbarossa; 05-22-2008 at 12:46 PM. Reason: quoted because when threads merged these posts weren't consecutive

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    You need to pay to get proper scene acess today anyhow. Whether it be private stros or the usenet.

Only the wealthy can boast this kind of activity IMO (seedbox, sceneaccess, and so forth).

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    DeadCell's Avatar *sigh*
    i only download what i think either looks good or that i know i will use. I dont see the point in ratio building tbh, its not a competition and i dont win anything for having a big upload..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast