Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Torrent Harvester users here?

21122012's Avatar Minger BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Any users of the 'Torrent Harvester' application here?

http://www.torrent-harvester.com/

I've been using this app for a while now, by the way you need to have the Microsoft.net framework installed before it will work (link on download page)

Basically this application is full of possibilities, you can create your own engines for private sites you use, so in theory one click of the 'search' can quickly check all the private sites you are logged into (providing your browser has stored cookies for the logon info)

Only just starting to get to grips with this, but it seems like a real timesaver if set up correctly, just wondered if anyone here has experience with adding extra sites, or knows of a related forum for people modding this application?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    is it legit? cause i just clicked on the forums, and it linked to another page that wasnt forums and nearly gave me a seizure from the flashy advertisements
    pictures of you!! pictures of me!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    LOL!

Yeah the application is legit! Unfortunately the official forums are no longer active, that's why I'm trying to find like-minded people who have managed to customise it, and can tell me how to do it

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    fisherman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    I used to use Torrent harvester going back some time now and it was quite good for searching for stuff on public trackers...

A good frient of mine showed me this the other day, it's kinda good too for searching for stuff on some public trackers http://www.youtorrent.com/
    Our revenge will be the laughter of our children - Bobby Sands

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Cheffy's Avatar Slut up ! BT Rep: +4
    Looks ok, Perhaps i should try it out.
    Though its not offen i look for a torrent file. Ususally cheak all my torrent pages a few time a day, so i get the stuff when its uploaded to the tracker.
    My e-penis is so big it makes John Holmes look like a little boy.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    anto's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by fisherman View Post
    I used to use Torrent harvester going back some time now and it was quite good for searching for stuff on public trackers...

A good frient of mine showed me this the other day, it's kinda good too for searching for stuff on some public trackers http://www.youtorrent.com/

cool i'll take a look at that

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    fisherman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    The likes of TH and the Youtorrent is good for finding maybe Appz that are hard to find on private trackers and also old movies that are also sometimes hard to find on private trackers.

I don't use them often but they do come in handy.
    Our revenge will be the laughter of our children - Bobby Sands

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    delimare's Avatar Polyamorous BT Rep: +2
    I had used it for quite some time until I realized something. Most torrents that it pulls (for public sites) are straight from btjunkie, isohunt, piratebay, etc, etc. I just use torrent search engine sites instead. The reason?

You still have to visit the site the torrent is tracked on to get the detailed information. Using torrent harvester just seems to add an extra step to the process. I wont download a torrent until I check out the small details on it.

This is all my personal preference though. The program does a great job of getting a TON of torrents into one place for your eyes to see. If you like torrent harvester than I suggest you use it as it is another great tool in the farming of torrents!

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Well, I find Bit-Che better for farming the public torrents, and yeah, most of the time you do actually need to visit the torrent site in question to actually download the torrent, but if I have individually visit btjunkie, isohunt, pirate bay, btmon, slo-torrent etc etc first then I'm gonna be wasting so much time.

Anyway, the main reason I want to try and customise the TH app is to use it for searching all the private sites I'm in. For example last night the missus wanted to watch the film 'Mystic river', it's an old film so it took a bit of finding (on a private site), had to trawl through about 20 private sites before I found one with more than one or two seeders.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    is this better than google?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast