Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seeding

MsBrooke's Avatar Member
    I am really confused on seeding and I was hoping someone could explain something to me.

I am seeding a torrent on Azureus, I am one of 20 seeders and there are close to 150 leechers. For some reason I never have more than on, maybe two, leechers at any time leeching at really really slow rates. Its the only torrent I am seeding and my upload speed is fast.

How does a seeder setup to get a better share of leechers? Is it just pure luck??

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    anonymoose's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8

Upload speeds are what determine this.

Sorry, I didn't read that you had good upload speed. Are you connectable/clever?
    Last edited by anonymoose; 09-01-2007 at 02:27 PM. Reason: typo

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    game1283's Avatar "ǝuo ǝɥʇ" BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    connectivity may sometimes affect, see "connectable" details on your trackers FAQ for more info..

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    fstrulz's Avatar got milf? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100

Try adjusting your connection settings...

http://infinite-source.de/az/az-calc.html

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    limpdickkid's Avatar Free Ringdings rule BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Connectibility is the issue most times. But its possible you're on a torrent with a lot of partial seeders. This is a typical BMTV question and drives the mods there crazy.
    Search RS: Click
    To get the latest scene releases on RS with good pre-times goto: http://www.rslinks.org/
    Alt.Binz 0.28.2
    For an organised list of NZB searching and indexing sites go here -> Click Me...4 N.Z.B. ...it rhymes
    For latest goals goto: www.101greatgoals.com
    To stream sports goto www.myp2p.eu

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    phrenzy's Avatar Baked BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I am never connectable for some unknown reason and I can still max out my upload and download speeds. I think fstrulz is correct, must be the settings.. Have you tried Utorrent?

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by MsBrooke View Post
    I am really confused on seeding and I was hoping someone could explain something to me.

I am seeding a torrent on Azureus, I am one of 20 seeders and there are close to 150 leechers. For some reason I never have more than on, maybe two, leechers at any time leeching at really really slow rates. Its the only torrent I am seeding and my upload speed is fast.

How does a seeder setup to get a better share of leechers? Is it just pure luck??
    Try to get your head round "partial seeders", they will never have the full file, but they have finished with what they need, sometimes it can be a few of the RARs, sometimes it can be many of the RARs, (they do this for ratio building reasons on slow connections) sometimes it can be 1 part of the whole, say a season DVD rip, and they only want episode 8, they will only download episode 8 out of 24 and ignore all the other episodes, they will always remain leechers to the torrent, but have actually finished leeching.

hth a little?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Partial seeders drive me crazy especially on sites like oink or any other sites where people consider it a method of survival. My thoughts are either download it completely or don't download it at all. To me it's like false advertising.

Connectivity can definitely be an issue. I wasn't connectable for the longest time and since becoming connectable it makes things alot easier. However even being connectable there are still sites I have difficulty connecting with peers and staying connected.

Another thing to keep in mind is your upload slots. I know that when I first set up my client if you don't specify the amount of upload slots yourself the client will do it for you. Perhaps you have 2 as the default and you just happen to connect to the 2 worth people.

Another thing is people with really fat pipes could be sucking up all the available upload bandwidth. I've seen that happen on a few sites. Basically what I mean by that if that doesn't sound clear is that if a person can only download at 100 and someone with a 400 bandwidth is connected to them there is a chance that person can steal a good portion of that 100 leaving you with virtually nile. This option is just my personal opinion based on what I've seen.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    MsBrooke's Avatar Member
    I am connectable (Oink has a check for that), but I am not sure what clever is, or if I am.....Can you be one without the other? Could I be one, but not the other? Would that matter?

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    limpdickkid's Avatar Free Ringdings rule BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by MsBrooke View Post
    I am connectable (Oink has a check for that), but I am not sure what clever is, or if I am.....Can you be one without the other? Could I be one, but not the other? Would that matter?
    I think he was just patronising you.
    Search RS: Click
    To get the latest scene releases on RS with good pre-times goto: http://www.rslinks.org/
    Alt.Binz 0.28.2
    For an organised list of NZB searching and indexing sites go here -> Click Me...4 N.Z.B. ...it rhymes
    For latest goals goto: www.101greatgoals.com
    To stream sports goto www.myp2p.eu

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast