Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone else have the Nintendo Wii

Everyone has counted out the wii

but im just wondering, has anyone else got a wii?
    The Homicidal,Suicidal,Genocidal

2. Games   -   #2
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    my mom is getting one for free after translating some stuff for one of their games.
    They better also give her a shit load of games or else the pay is not worth it.

She plays more than me.

3. Games   -   #3
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by 100% View Post
    my mom is getting one for free after translating some stuff for one of their games.

She plays more than me.

4. Games   -   #4

She plays more than me.

That is awesome

My dad has a ps2 that he use to play now it just sits and collects dust

My mom ha I dont remember her ever playing

You are so lucky

5. Games   -   #5
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    I think the Wii is the best party game systems out there.

It is loads of fun.

However, I can't even say the graphics are better than Gamecube.

I'd definitely recommend it if you don't have a GC.

The system is not recommended for the hardcore gamer.

6. Games   -   #6
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    got it pre-ordered. expecting to get it on the 8th or 9th :fanboy:

only got call of duty for it, just cause i wanna see how FPSs play, and red steel is apparently shite. then i'm getting farcry for online play. might end up getting zelda and not completing it while i wait a year for battalion wars 2

7. Games   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdh1580 View Post

She plays more than me.

That is awesome

You are so lucky
    you should buy guitar hero for your dad. maybe learn to play it with him, so you can make sure he stays with it long enough to get into the swing & start enjoying it. it's a fun-ass game with lasting appeal, i can practically guarantee. (guitar hero 2, not so much, though. don't really like the music. original guitar hero is sweet though... excellent mix of classic rock, punk and a lil bit of contemporary alt-rock. guitar hero 2's music is too much hairspray/spandex & tuneless wankery imho.)

ALSO. guys, i want a wii. even though i do expect it will not be a great investment in the long run -- selection of games will prolly not be as good/large overall as xbox360 & ps3. still want it though. but i can't afford it right this moment.

i'm gonna boycott wii until they release a new animal crossing which hopefully will have a better-integrated, easier-to-use internet mode than the DS version had. like, i WANT to be able to interact with random strangers instead of trading friend-codes first, i WANT random strangers to be able to visit my animal village & look around (so long as they can't vandalize it) while the wii is in sleep mode, etc. that's my excuse until i can scrape up enough spare cash to buy a wii (might be a long time, especially if i end up need-need-needing to buy a 360 first).

trauma center: second opinion has my interest. i kind of wonder how it could possibly be as precise & fast-paced as the DS original, but oh well. i imagine i'd enjoy it, anyway.

sonic wildfire (or whatever it might be called now) could be good.

curious about red steel, want to try it out, even though my gut has been telling me ever since the first screenshots came out that red steel is prolly trash.

i'd really like to see the Punch-Out brand revived on wii. i think a first-person boxing game where you swing the wii controller to throw punches would prolly be awesomesauce.
    Last edited by 3RA1N1AC; 11-26-2006 at 08:29 AM.

8. Games   -   #8
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdh1580 View Post

That is awesome

You are so lucky
    you should buy guitar hero for your dad. maybe learn to play it with him, so you can make sure he stays with it long enough to get into the swing & start enjoying it. it's a fun-ass game with lasting appeal, i can practically guarantee. (guitar hero 2, not so much, though. don't really like the music. original guitar hero is sweet though... excellent mix of classic rock, punk and a lil bit of contemporary alt-rock. guitar hero 2's music is too much hairspray/spandex & tuneless wankery imho.)

ALSO. guys, i want a wii. even though i do expect it will not be a great investment in the long run -- selection of games will prolly not be as good/large overall as xbox360 & ps3. still want it though. but i can't afford it right this moment.

i'm gonna boycott wii until they release a new animal crossing which hopefully will have a better-integrated, easier-to-use internet mode than the DS version had. like, i WANT to be able to interact with random strangers instead of trading friend-codes first, i WANT random strangers to be able to visit my animal village & look around (so long as they can't vandalize it) while the wii is in sleep mode, etc. that's my excuse until i can scrape up enough spare cash to buy a wii (might be a long time, especially if i end up need-need-needing to buy a 360 first).

trauma center: second opinion has my interest. i kind of wonder how it could possibly be as precise & fast-paced as the DS original, but oh well. i imagine i'd enjoy it, anyway.

curious about red steel, want to try it out, even though my gut has been telling me ever since the first screenshots came out that red steel is prolly trash.

i'd really like to see the Punch-Out brand revived on wii. i think a first-person boxing game where you swing the wii controller to throw punches would prolly be awesomesauce.
    red steel has got some pretty harsh reviews. you're better off with CoD or farcry, i reckon anyway

good point about animal crossing too. i think the DS was as clean as they could do online on a portable. the wii should be an entire virtual world considering your save game can be always available. something has been bugging me about "always on" though. whenever i see a video clip of the wii doing anything internet related, it has to connect first. it's obviously not always on yet

oh and wii sports has first person boxing

9. Games   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins View Post
    O RLY. O_O

and i'd been hoping they'd eventually delete wii sports & sell the bare console for closer to $200 USD. but if it has first-person boxing... WELL, then! i'll have to take a further look at wii sports (beyond that tennis part which, to be honest, didn't strike me as a killer application by any stretch).

10. Games   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC View Post

Honestly, i have cod3 and red steel

i think that you'll be better of with red steel, cod3 didnt really do it for me

red steel has got some pretty harsh reviews. you're better off with CoD or farcry, i reckon anyway

good point about animal crossing too. i think the DS was as clean as they could do online on a portable. the wii should be an entire virtual world considering your save game can be always available. something has been bugging me about "always on" though. whenever i see a video clip of the wii doing anything internet related, it has to connect first. it's obviously not always on yet

The Homicidal,Suicidal,Genocidal

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast