Page 142 of 545 FirstFirst ... 4292132139140141142143144145152192242 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 5447

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets (archived)

Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    That's actually why I larf at all the people who buy parallel imported Kindle Fire devices here since virtually all the content is locked down to U.S. I.P.s and the morons who are rushing out to buy them are too stupid to know the difference, it really is consumerism for consumerism's sake. I would however like to see some extremely popular media content that specifically excludes U.S. I.P. addresses for a change
    Last edited by Artemis; 04-12-2012 at 01:14 AM.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

2. Lounge   -   #1412
    ckrit's Avatar Flagpole
    Kindle Fires are kind of shit, tbh. A dated and crippled version of android running on mediocre hardware kind of make them pointless. And no e-ink display, either, which makes them no better than about a dozen of similar hong kong-tablets out there.

People should either get a proper ebook-reader with a pearl display or better, a regular android tablet with Moboplayer, Perfectviewer, Aldiko and/or the Kindle app, or both. One's far nicer to the eyes, and the other does what the Kindle fire does and more, pretty much.
    Last edited by ckrit; 04-12-2012 at 07:35 AM.
    ckrit d<rit c|<rit

Mi signotaur > urs.

3. Lounge   -   #1413
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    The thing with the Kindle Fire is there was a time where you can get them on the cheap (perhaps still the situation). After that, root it and load the Android window manager and Marketplace (play with me store or whatever it's called now), and you've got a cheap tablet. Hardware did seem weak though, I modded one for a friend and I was testing different videos with MoboPlayer and it was choking on SD material (AVC codec) while using software decoding.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

4. Lounge   -   #1414
    ckrit's Avatar Flagpole
    With the specs it has, it should be able to do SD just fine. My phone does it with a 1Ghz single core cpu, and 512MB RAM (same amount of memory as kindle, albeit a bit low for today's standards). Either there was too much crap on it, or it's some sort of non-standard hardware setup android or moboplayer has issues with.

Maybe flashing it with a new ROM would improve it, if the issue is the former.

Fucknose if it's worth the effort, though. That's bound to screw with your warranty if it breaks down while there's some sort of homebrew ROM on it, and then you could just go with something from hong kong for about the same price, with about the same specs and vanilla 2.3.5 or something installed already. I'd rather go with something like an Aoson M19 or a Flytouch 6, tbh. Single cores IIRC, but with more RAM and storage, and no need to root root them straight off the bat.
    ckrit d<rit c|<rit

Mi signotaur > urs.

5. Lounge   -   #1415
    i'm the winner D

6. Lounge   -   #1416
    ckrit's Avatar Flagpole
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpirate View Post
    i'm the winner D
    Fuck off. Humans are talking here. This is not for monkeys.
    Last edited by ckrit; 04-12-2012 at 08:46 AM.
    ckrit d<rit c|<rit

Mi signotaur > urs.

7. Lounge   -   #1417
    manker's Avatar effendi
    h8rz

I recently augmented my Kindle collection with the astute purchase of a Kindle Fire. And it's ace.

Coincidentally, I brought them all into work today to do clever nerd stuff with that y'all probably wouldn't understand

I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

8. Lounge   -   #1418
    ckrit's Avatar Flagpole
    You really should clear your purchases with me before you buy silly stuffs like that
    ckrit d<rit c|<rit

Mi signotaur > urs.

9. Lounge   -   #1419
    manker's Avatar effendi
    If I did that, I wouldn't be the only person on the internets who owns both an iPad and a Kindle Fire.
    I am, therefore, in an unrivalled position to inform the good people of FST that Kindle winz.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

10. Lounge   -   #1420
    ckrit's Avatar Flagpole
    Basically: anything that's dependent on itunes < anything that isn't.

So I agree, the kindle fire must be better.
    ckrit d<rit c|<rit

Mi signotaur > urs.