Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATI's new upcoming RD600 Chipset

mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    ati's new chipset looks to be the best u'll want to have for any new pc ur gonna be building. supporting dual x16 crossfire, conroe ready, 3 pci-e slots, 25% ocing capabilites for pci-e, and the most promising feature is not having a memory divider!!! this Intel only mb seems to be the best on the block once it gets released cum later this year especially paired with the new R600 core ATI video cards!

Source
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    can I curse? FUCK!
    Wow, even after the acquisition of ATI by AMD they're still making Intel only motherboards... Isn't that not allowed?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiranai_Baka View Post
    Wow, even after the acquisition of ATI by AMD they're still making Intel only motherboards... Isn't that not allowed?
    If they've got the info to make the chipset who's to stop them?

They may have difficulty in the future, since they can't make the relevant non-disclosure agreements.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Oh God I hope this is released SOON. I'm getting sick of waiting for my new computer (1 month since I sold my computer).

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Everyone overlooks the fact that DX10 cards aren't out yet, why buy a mobo and a brand new spanking card when they're not next gen at all?

I know you're anxious Gameguy but seriously wait till after the holidays, for now buy like a POS comp that gets the job done, unless you're really really really impatient, your money not mine man, I'm just offering my opinion.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    he is really really impatient, i would know, WAY TO TALK BACK TO ME ON XBOX LIVE KEEBS

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad View Post
    Everyone overlooks the fact that DX10 cards aren't out yet, why buy a mobo and a brand new spanking card when they're not next gen at all?

I know you're anxious Gameguy but seriously wait till after the holidays, for now buy like a POS comp that gets the job done, unless you're really really really impatient, your money not mine man, I'm just offering my opinion.
    I have a PCI-Express card now and from what I know, dx 10 will still be using pci express x16.

lol jihad sry bout live but Halo ain't my thing ne more plus I'm usually only on live for at most 30 mins aT a time. I'm a pretty big Socom FTB fan now.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    u can get whatever setup u like and not waste ur money now be4 dx10 cums out. how u ask? get said mb and cpu and then go for an ati x1950xtx. when dx10 games cum out and u want/need a dx10 vid crd go out and get u a dx10 compatible vid crd and use that x1950xtx for ur physics accelerator! nothing wasted. besides, dx10 games are a long way off...
    Alamo Drafthouse!

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Quote Originally Posted by Gam3Guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad View Post

I have a PCI-Express card now and from what I know, dx 10 will still be using pci express x16.

lol jihad sry bout live but Halo ain't my thing ne more plus I'm usually only on live for at most 30 mins aT a time. I'm a pretty big Socom FTB fan now.
    Ha, I still remember when me and you were supposed to face off in H2, u never showed haha so I played all night with a bunch of n00bs...and got pwned, worst night right there.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    finally rd600 benchmarks are coming out! having said that these benches are giving the new chipset any justice as the 975 chipset and this one are pretty much on par. damn u intel for chipset blocking! u know what i mean...

Benches
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast