Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hoi manker

Agrajag's Avatar Just Lame
    Two choices of wireless dongle thing.

I've got a wireless-g dongle which I can send with an installation cd. To be honest it's a pain in the arse to set up, but if you can do that then it's as fast as currently available (prior to Wireless-N).

Alternatively I can send you a wireless-b dongle. It's not as fast but the advantage of this one is that it's also a 128 usb drive, so I can put the installation stuff on the drive itself. That way, when it asks you where you want to install the drivers from you can just point it back to itself. I've tried this and it works as easy as an easy thing.

It really depends whether you need speed or ease of installation (with the added advantage of a wee usb pen drive chipped in). If it's basic office networking you need then speed isn't really an issue.

Whichever suits you, mate. Just let me know and I'll send the one you want.

I remember what happened to the usb wireless box btw. I sent it to DanalB.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    You're asking him now

3. Lounge   -   #3
    How no.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrajag View Post
    Two choices of wireless dongle thing.

I've got a wireless-g dongle which I can send with an installation cd. To be honest it's a pain in the arse to set up, but if you can do that then it's as fast as currently available (prior to Wireless-N).

Alternatively I can send you a wireless-b dongle. It's not as fast but the advantage of this one is that it's also a 128 usb drive, so I can put the installation stuff on the drive itself. That way, when it asks you where you want to install the drivers from you can just point it back to itself. I've tried this and it works as easy as an easy thing.

It really depends whether you need speed or ease of installation (with the added advantage of a wee usb pen drive chipped in). If it's basic office networking you need then speed isn't really an issue.

Whichever suits you, mate. Just let me know and I'll send the one you want.

I remember what happened to the usb wireless box btw. I sent it to DanalB.
    Oh fucking hell, I don;t know.

I'm very grateful for whatever you send me that means I don't have to spend twentu squids.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    It sounds to me like you want him to go for the "b". when the "g" is clearly the superior product.

manker, if you want to get the best out of your router, go for the wireless-g. I'm sure you can handle the installation, you're not a technotard like JP

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Would it help if I said the dongle / flash drive was called a Pendragon, which sounds like really Welsh.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    It sounds to me like you want him to go for the "b". when the "g" is clearly the superior product.

manker, if you want to get the best out of your router, go for the wireless-g. I'm sure you can handle the installation, you're not a technotard like JP
    Cool, if that's the one he wants I'll send that. Don't come crying to me when he can't cope with the set-up tho'.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    He'll have to post any queries in hardonworld

2 sly smilies in one fred

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    He'll have to post any queries in hardonworld

WAHEY!

10. Lounge   -   #10
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I am so phoning Barbie when I get JP's package.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast