Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Switching to a seedbox

Hi all, a little advice if you have an experience.

I'm using What, Waffles and TL right now and I've just ordered my first seedbox which is hosted the other side of the Atlantic.

I was just wondering if I need to inform any of the above trackers that my seeds will be switching to not only a new IP range but also location. Is there a chance they might cut me off?

any advice would be grand - cheers

niks

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Member BT Rep: +1
    i think just right in all ur tracker profile that i am using seedbox and if u can inform any of there mod in irc then it will be better to be safe then to get banned specially on tl .

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Pirate BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I don't know if you need to inform them or not, but I do know that buying a seedbox for trackers like TL is a total waste.
    Any decent home connetion will handle those type of trackers.
    The first rule of fight club is, you don’t talk about fight club

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    Tracker staff are used to seedboxes, they'll probably recognize the IP. But what I do is simply put a little note in my profile:

"using a seedbox, ip 91.51.x.x"

Make sure to not put the full IP in your profile.

they didn't built Rome in one day

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    bammers's Avatar Poster
    Not sure on the security on those 2 sites, but some that i've been members of will only let you seed from the IP that downloaded the .torrent file. Other than that... full speed ahead

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    curtanwoo's Avatar Poster
    Do be careful with TL however because you will be banned for account sharing if you download the same torrent more than once. (Not the torrent FILE but actually downloading the entire torrent with your torrent client of choice.)

This is explained in site rules.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    . BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by integral View Post
    Tracker staff are used to seedboxes, they'll probably recognize the IP. But what I do is simply put a little note in my profile:

"using a seedbox, ip 91.51.x.x"

Make sure to not put the full IP in your profile.

+1

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    thanks all for the advice, I'll definitely make sure to update my profile and if I do get any trouble I'll jump onto IRC for a chat with the staff.

About your question on using the seedbox for TL is not necessary, well that maybe the case, but I'm getting the seedbox to start my bid for some high level trackers (and also as a bit of fun!!)

cheers guys

niks

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    DarkWave's Avatar Greek Member BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Quote Originally Posted by curtanwoo View Post
    Do be careful with TL however because you will be banned for account sharing if you download the same torrent more than once. (Not the torrent FILE but actually downloading the entire torrent with your torrent client of choice.)

This is explained in site rules.
    I have downloaded some files more than one time, and i never had a problem.

For example, i got NOD32 in the office and at home, but in both times it got seeded well. So if you seed good, i don't think that getting the same file more than once will be a problem...

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    TL will disable your account if you do some more upload then their avarage user....

I got mine disabled... had to handle ftp axx to staff on irc so they could verify I really had that much bw (was just 100mbit -_-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast