• 12v Fan Mod

4 21.05%
  • Others!!!

6 31.58%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is your Xbox 360 modded?

orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    I have replaced many an x clamp, and also re-written the firmware on the drives. Yippee! Anyone else? Cooling mods, 12v fan mod, etc.? Has anyone liquid-cooled their xbox 360?

2. Games   -   #2
    I can't comment cos I ain't done any of the above but if you don't mind quick question orcutt989.

What do you mean you've replaced many an x clamp do you mean you've had to replace the x clamp multiple times on the same 360?

I heard the x clamp solution was permanent.

3. Games   -   #3
    I mean, I have "removed" many X-Clamps from different Xbox 360's and replaced them with nuts and washers. That way you are literally BOLTING the heat sinks to the motherboard very tightly. What the X-Clamps do is kind of "pinch" the heat sinks to the board which actually pulls the motherboard away from the chips, worsening the problem. If you bolt the heat sinks to the board without the X-Clamps, the board cannot bend away from the chips. Thus no more red lights of death. It is very easy and costs around $4.00 to purchase enough nuts and washers for both heat sinks. Buy a $70 Xbox 360 off ebay(Red lights of death), spend $4.00 to fix it, and then purchase the video/power cables, memory card, and controller off Ebay. Shazzam you've got yourself a $300 Xbox 360 for around $144. I have seen Xbox 360's go for a lot cheaper, you just have to scout the auctions well.
    Last edited by orcutt989; 02-18-2008 at 04:43 PM.

4. Games   -   #4
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by orcutt989 View Post
    Imean, I have "removed" many X-Clamps from different Xbox 360's and replaced them with nuts and washers. That way you are literally BOLTING the heat sinks to the motherboard very tightly. What the X-Clamps do is kind of "pinch" the heat sinks to the board which actually pulls the motherboard away from the chips, worsening the problem. If you bolt the heat sinks to the board without the X-Clamps, the board cannot bend away from the chips. Thus no more red lights of death. It is very easy and costs around $4.00 to purchase enough nuts and washers for both heat sinks.
    I haven't had my 360 hooked up for months.

I hook it up a coupla days ago and I finally get RRoD.

Fooking amazing.

If I send it off, I wonder if they'll send back one with HDMI or fix the one I sent.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. Games   -   #5
    Most of the time X-Clamp replacment fixes any red-light error if everything else is working correctly. I would only suggest it if your Xbox 360 is out of warranty, if you have destroyed the warranty sticker somehow, or if perhaps you don't feel like waiting 2 months to get your Xbox 360 back from MicroSHAFT. It is a pretty easy fix, yet it is extremely hard to screw up your Xbox 360 doing it.

6. Games   -   #6
    PBT42's Avatar der iz no can BT Rep: +1
    I X-Clamped mine, and re-wrote the firmware. I'm currently thinking about putting some LED fans + lights inside it
    No PMs unless I know you or have business with you

7. Games   -   #7
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Most of the time X-Clamp replacment fixes any red-light error if everything else is working correctly. I would only suggest it if your Xbox 360 is out of warranty, if you have destroyed the warranty sticker somehow, or if perhaps you don't feel like waiting 2 months to get your Xbox 360 back from MicroSHAFT. It is a pretty easy fix, yet it is extremely hard to screw up your Xbox 360 doing it.
    I don't think any 360 can be out of warranty yet.

I checked M$ website and it does not that I should check my power supply first. What's weird is that I have messed around with it becuase I was putting all my consoles in a metal rack (open air).

The setup is nice cuz I have a decent input selector for it.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Games   -   #8
    Imean, I have "removed" many X-Clamps from different Xbox 360's and replaced them with nuts and washers. That way you are literally BOLTING the heat sinks to the motherboard very tightly. What the X-Clamps do is kind of "pinch" the heat sinks to the board which actually pulls the motherboard away from the chips, worsening the problem. If you bolt the heat sinks to the board without the X-Clamps, the board cannot bend away from the chips. Thus no more red lights of death. It is very easy and costs around $4.00 to purchase enough nuts and washers for both heat sinks. Buy a $70 Xbox 360 off ebay(Red lights of death), spend $4.00 to fix it, and then purchase the video/power cables, memory card, and controller off Ebay. Shazzam you've got yourself a $300 Xbox 360 for around $144. I have seen Xbox 360's go for alot cheaper, you just have to scout the auctions well.
    Wow I didn't know that thanks a lot for the advice man I owe you.

9. Games   -   #9
    I would say definitely if you are capable of building computers, this fix is easy as pie for you. Even if you have not tried to build a computer, you have to be a pretty big idiot to screw this one up!

10. Games   -   #10
    darkside2911
    To get more of a permanent fix you will have to redo the soldier connections between board and chips along with fan mod. I see hundreds of these a week and trust me I know what I talking about. 360-pros.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast