Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My 2 Cents

Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    The Wii is an excellent party game system and I'd recommend if you have company over often.

It is great from young and old. The included Wii Sports is absolutely great.

It has built in Wifi so as long as there is an open access point, it is on the internet.

The 360 is great for the hardcore gamer. It has great games RIGHT NOW and has the best online of all the systems.

On Xbox Live you can see whatever anyone on your friend's list is doing, you can then chat, they can join in a game (like GOW), you get game demos automatically, and extra content for games you already own.

Right now the PS3's online plan looks shit and I don't see anyone being better than Xbox Live. With what you get for Live, it is well worth the $50 a year.

That's less than $5 a month.

2. Games   -   #2
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    thanks for the summary, I was gonn make a thread on that soon anyways.

3. Games   -   #3
    Also in terms of best value on paper, the PS3 wins hands down.

Sony PS3 - $600

Blu-Ray Disc player
    60 GB HD
    wireless controller
    Bluetooth
    HDMI connector
    CompactFlash, SD, and Memory Stick Duo slots

Xbox 360 Premium - $400

headset
    20 GB HD
    wireless controller
    3 USB ports

The PS3 has

40 GB more HD pace
    Has a multitude of card slots
    Bluetooth
    A HDMI connector
    1 more USB port

Now if you spend $200 for a 360 HD-DVD player, you are now at the cost of a PS3 and without the things above.

The 360 does come with a headset
    The HD-DVD player can work with a computer instead of a 360
    Has the best online
    Has the most next-gen games (many are quite good too)

Both systems have their backwards compatibility flubs.
    The PS3 won't work with about 200 older games.
    The 360 works with games that are made compatible (which really can be all of them).

Btw, Resistance: Fall Of Man is quite good. I wouldn't put it up there with GOW but it is good. It's not as pretty as GOW either.

4. Games   -   #4
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Also in terms of best value on paper, the PS3 wins hands down.

Sony PS3 - $600

Blu-Ray Disc player
    60 GB HD
    wireless controller
    Bluetooth
    HDMI connector
    CompactFlash, SD, and Memory Stick Duo slots

Xbox 360 Premium - $400

headset
    20 GB HD
    wireless controller
    3 USB ports

The PS3 has

40 GB more HD pace
    Has a multitude of card slots
    Bluetooth
    A HDMI connector
    1 more USB port

Now if you spend $200 for a 360 HD-DVD player, you are now at the cost of a PS3 and without the things above.

The 360 does come with a headset
    The HD-DVD player can work with a computer instead of a 360
    Has the best online
    Has the most next-gen games (many are quite good too)

Both systems have their backwards compatibility flubs.
    The PS3 won't work with about 200 older games.
    The 360 works with games that are made compatible (which really can be all of them).

Btw, Resistance: Fall Of Man is quite good. I wouldn't put it up there with GOW but it is good. It's not as pretty as GOW either.
    i'd say you get less for your money on a ps3. you can put bluetooth and half a dozen memory card slots on your PC $40.

HDMI and blu-ray are potentially unnecessary.

so if we're not talking about games. 40 gig more HDD is the only solid advantage the ps3 has

5. Games   -   #5
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    This actually clears a few things up for me, thanks. But arn't PS3 games still in development for the most part.

It's hard keeping up with these console wars.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

6. Games   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairbautt View Post
    This actually clears a few things up for me, thanks. But arn't PS3 games still in development for the most part.

It's hard keeping up with these console wars.
    Any game that it isn't ready to come out is basically in development.

Funny enough I like the 360 better than them (consoles) all so far.

GOW is great and Xbox Live is killer.

Now I wish some genious would come out with a wireless mouse and keyboard for the 360 (not unless any USB peripheral would do).
    Last edited by Busyman™; 11-26-2006 at 05:22 PM.

7. Games   -   #7
    Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins View Post
    so if we're not talking about games. 40 gig more HDD is the only solid advantage the ps3 has
    But the ps3 is a "Games" system, so we are talking games and the graphics alone in a ps3 would cost you more than twice a ps3 price and a blue ray drive is currently $600 US.

I seriously do want the PS3 , having read the specs that really count it beats the 360 hands down, for example it doesn't share the ram between cpu and gpu like the 360 does.

I do like the 360, it's a good system but I'm a little dissapointed at the false advertising Mr. Gates used, we got the 20gb bundle, it actually has a 14gb drive in it, thats quite a chunk to lose, plus to bring it anywhere near the quality of the ps3 with reguards to drives etc it will add 50% of the purchase price to the 360 at present.

Over all it's a good system, I like the use profile idea, no more accidently writing over save games and stuff.

I will make a proper comparison when I do get the ps3, might be a while though lol

Jonno

Edit: btw BM.... you have waaaaaaaayyyy too much money lol
    Last edited by Jon L. Obscene; 12-02-2006 at 12:39 AM. Reason: afterthought

8. Games   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon L. Obscene View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins View Post
    But the ps3 is a "Games" system, so we are talking games and the graphics alone in a ps3 would cost you more than twice a ps3 price and a blue ray drive is currently $600 US.

Wha?

I seriously do want the PS3 , having read the specs that really count it beats the 360 hands down, for example it doesn't share the ram between cpu and gpu like the 360 does.

Specs are shit without a developer taking advantage of it.

I do like the 360, it's a good system but I'm a little dissapointed at the false advertising Mr. Gates used, we got the 20gb bundle, it actually has a 14gb drive in it, thats quite a chunk to lose, plus to bring it anywhere near the quality of the ps3 with reguards to drives etc it will add 50% of the purchase price to the 360 at present.

It's a 20 GB drive with 13 GB that are user accessible.

Over all it's a good system, I like the use profile idea, no more accidently writing over save games and stuff.

I will make a proper comparison when I do get the ps3, might be a while though lol

Jonno

Edit: btw BM.... you have waaaaaaaayyyy too much money lol
    Why do you say that? I actually am a miser and buy only if proper research is done.

9. Games   -   #9
    Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    lol I was kidding in a jealous way cos you got all 3

Jonno

Edit:

Specs are shit without a developer taking advantage of it

This is true, but it's taken xbox game developers a year to come up with GOW has it not?
    And how would you compare one of xbox's launch titles say.... Call Of Duty 2 (one of my favourites on PC) vs PS3's Resistance?
    From what I've seen Resistance looks far better and has upgraded controls and gameplay yet this is a launch title with PS3 so imagine what they can do in a years time. And seriously, no one can dispute that previous PS games have set so many benchmarks in the gaming world for graphics, controls, gameplay, longevity, AI etc etc.
    Also the 360 at present and for the forseeable future only has dual layer dvd to work with, give EA, Rockstar, Eidos etc a while to get to grips with it and I can see games on the PS3 being of such magnitude to the likes we and Xbox have never imagined.
    For instance, the size of game of GTA or Final Fantasy on an 8.5gb disc. Then think about them on a 50gb disc.
    Personally I think the PS3 is the first true Next-Gen gaming system and the 360 and wii are simply upgrades of old technology and thinking.

Like I said, I do like the 360 but in a years time I think the PS3 will bury it.
    Last edited by Jon L. Obscene; 12-02-2006 at 01:24 AM. Reason: Didn't see other replies in colour lol

10. Games   -   #10
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    From the furious typing going on in the other room, I'm guessing he's working on a longer reply.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast