Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The evil consequences of texting

Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    I was at my friend J's wedding last night together with my husband and my other friend D.

At about 8.30, after the meal, the cutting of the cake and the first dance, Gemmell got really bad indigestion ( he's currently seeing a doc about it because he gets it so often) so we decided to go a walk and see if we could find a shop somewhere to find some Rennies.

D came with us as well, but she passed her B&B on the way and decided to go to bed. We walked for about 45 minutes ( me on my socks cause my feet were hurting) when we finally found a place that was open and sold Rennies. By this time, we were in the same street as our hotel so I decided to go in and put on some different shoes.

Of course, both Gem and I crashed out and never made it back to the party.

This morning, when I'm nearly back home I realise I left my dress in the hotel room so I phone D to check if she is still anywhere near. She wasn't, so I phoned J, told her that we left early because Gem had indigestion and we never made it back from the hotel. J agrees to pick up my dress so I can pick it up form her house later.

So I send a text to D saying ' Got a hold of J, told her we left early because Gemmell needed Rennies'
    By mistake I sent it to J's mobile, who sent a text back saying ' Cheers, pick up your own dress'

Of course I understood how it must have read without knowing the previous conversation, but now she's switched off her mobile and is refusing to speak to me

I don't know whether to apologise and try to explain or be annoyed at the fact that she immediately assumed any malice was involved from my part and never bothered to ask for an explanation

Bah

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    So she was OK when you said you left because your husband had indigestion but went in the huff when you said you had gone to get Rennies.

She sounds like a mental to me. Just ignore her.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I was a bit thrown at first, too. Read it with a different tone. The bride thinks she was just making excuses with the text and the true reason she left was that she just didn't want to be there.

So I send a text to D saying ' Got a hold of J, told her we left early because Gemmell needed Rennies'

yo

4. Lounge   -   #4
    No wonder she's angry, what a bastard Skweeky must be.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Thanks very much

6. Lounge   -   #6
    You're the one who called her mate a cunt the day after her wedding, when she was trying to do you a favour.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Communication works far better if people are not allowed anywhere near it - in my experience.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

8. Lounge   -   #8
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Text back and be all like "WTF you said you were gonna get it why did you change your mind?"
    act like you see nothing wrong with the text so she'll think she's just the mental.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco View Post
    Text back and be all like "WTF you said you were gonna get it why did you change your mind?"
    act like you see nothing wrong with the text so she'll think she's just the mental.
    I agree, the mental double bluff.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley View Post
    You're the one who called her mate a cunt the day after her wedding, when she was trying to do you a favour.

Where did I say that?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast