Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any of you ever had Dislodged Collarbone for breakfast?

100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Stupid ladybitch opened her car door, so i had no other choice than to bike into it, fly over it and not land on my feet.

Bone was sticking up 2cm... sexy
    The only image you will ever see of me.

Any of you experienced dislodged collarbone (grade 3) and if so does the future look bright?
    Will i have endless chiropractor bills and will my wife have to do all the heavy lifting for the rest of my life?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Damn Zed. That's harsh. I'm sure it'll fix up in thyme mate.
    Now go away.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    My sister broke both her collar bones when she was 14. She was in agony for weeks and it took a few years to recover. Turned out later she has Bechterev's disease though ( similar to spondilitis), so that couldn't have helped.

And that was 30 years ago, so I'm sure medical science has come on a bit since then.

Good luck with that!

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    i suffered the same around 9 years ago, and after some physio things went back to place.
    the problem is that i can never push so much heavy weights as before, and the practice of some violent sports is a no-no. I practiced Judo back then, and it was the end of it.
    still to this day i have the feeling that the arm is not the same since that happened.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 06-19-2009 at 03:53 PM.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    I've never ever broken a bone in my body, as far as I know.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    I've never ever broken a bone in my body, as far as I know.

pussy

I never broke one either.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Thanks for replies.
    Skweeks - i think breaking the bone would be better than dislodging it, as they say, the bone gets stronger after a break and joints never heal the same. sorry to hear about your sis.

Cabalo - thanks, you just got me terminally depressed.
    Is there anything you found out later that could prevent long term effects, eg doing more pysio, chiropactor etc?
    Would you have done an operation if you could go back?
    It seems they instantly operate on prof athletes, yet not on civilians. There seems to be alot of pros and cons about operating and not operating.

The web info is equally as realistic as what caballo wrote, in some cases worse.

The accident happened 2 days ago and the doctor said merely here is a strap, we cant do anything, here are some elephant knock out pills, come back in a week.
    I called several physiotherapists, chiropractors who were all very eager to have me. Most said to wait until the swelling is down, before doing anything. two where eager to push it back, others argued against it, only one wanted to operate. All agreed minor excercise would help.
    I went to one today, he seemed more positive.

This was not part of the plan.
    Last edited by 100%; 06-19-2009 at 05:45 PM.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Cabalo empty your pm's
    "Cabalo has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    done. inbox emptied.
    when i suffered that, the to operate or not to operate question was long discussed.

the cons is that it can limit your arm's rotation angle, thus affecting some movement's which are not so ordinary daily.
    the pros is that the movements that you do daily will not suffer, and you will be able to lift weights etc. about going to gyms, forget it. each time i enter a gym i warn my instructor about this problem and you can see how concerned they are when they don't allow me to lift weights at sth like half the machines there

the surgery, if i remember correctly, involved inserting a "nail" made of bone to reinforce the arm's structure in the place where it was dislodged.
    then, a 2 to 3 weeks complete arm immobilization, and then physio for around 6 months.

pretty nasty my friend.

honestly, to this day i don't feel confident to make certain movements with my arm, like scratching my back, for example. i do them ofc, but i am extra careful with twisting the arm.

don't know how are the procedures nowadays, but back in 2000 it was like that.

PS: torn ligaments are way worse than broken bones.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 06-19-2009 at 06:17 PM.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    The husband tore his rotator cuff whilst snowboarding, a few years ago. He still has a strange little bump on his shoulder because it was never put back in place properly. It doesn't bother him as long as he lifts some weights. He can't swim anymore though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast