Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adobe Photoshop CS3 Beta

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    For the first time ever, Adobe is delivering a widely available Photoshop CS3 beta to enable customers to more easily transition to the latest hardware platforms, particularly Apple's new Intel based systems. The beta is available as a Universal Binary for the Macintosh platform as well for Microsoft Windows XP and Windows Vista computers, with the final shipping release of Adobe Photoshop CS3 planned for spring 2007.

Adobe has a long-standing commitment to the Mac community and this release is Adobe's way of delivering native performance on Intel based systems many months earlier than we otherwise could have done. We have no doubt, however, that all of our customers will enjoy exploring the new Photoshop CS3 beta and seeing some of the new features we have in store. The full application is not yet complete; but, many of the additions to the product are fully implemented and ready for you to try and discuss.

Homepage: http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/photoshopcs3/
    Download Link: http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitle...labs_photoshop
    Screenshot: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/136/3...a8ffc5.jpg?v=0

yo

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    Meh, I'm a Paint.NET fan, but I wonder what 'new' features there are.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    http://photoshoponline.tv/

there's a podcast video that shows the new interface.

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Skizo brilliant "screenshot"
    will wait

a lot of changes
    i like the smaller tool bars, and collapsible elements.

although wtf is coming out of the horses ass?

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I just figured out that you need a CS2 serial number to use it longer than 2 days, and I'm not to sure about entering "my" serial number.

Initial impressions... There are some great new features but they aren't really barnstormers at this point.

The UI is definitely a major improvement. Some others are Smart Filters, the new Refine Edges option for ANY selection, and the new, Black and White Adjustment Layer.

Other little enhancements are everywhere - Brightness/Contrast got a huge overhaul (now it doesn't ruin everything), Zoomify is great, and the Clone Source palette.

Main difference though is the UI. Warp still sucks, still can't link a Smart Object to it's layer mask. Seems most of the effort went into the UI and into Bridge (which I don't use).

Example of new UI here: http://www.photoshopuser.com/cs3/videos.html

Follow that same link for video examples of all of the new features. Look for them under the pictures of the video narrators.

On a side note, I thought it worth mentioning that ImageReady does not come with CS3 Beta, nor will it come with the Final release. ImageReady is no more.

ImageReady actually still has 2 critical features that can not be done with Photoshop... Import folder of images as frames, and the ability to set multiple rollover buttons. Both of these items are MAJOR features I use.

Adobe needs to wake up and not kill these features. All they did was build the animation palette into Photoshop CS3 Beta. ImageReady, while 80% useless, has other features that need to be added to Photoshop before killing it off.

I assume that the necessary features will be in Fireworks, but I've always liked the simplicity of selecting, 'Edit in ImageReady'.

EDIT: The following applies to you if you use Adobe Bridge:

This comes from Adobe CS3 Beta forum FAQs:

"* Uninstalling CS3 Beta removes the photoshop-9.jsx file and breaks CS2 Photoshop/Bridge interactions
    Workaround: Re-install CS2"
    Last edited by Skizo; 01-02-2007 at 08:28 PM.

yo

6. News (Archive)   -   #6
    Dedalus^'s Avatar The Truth is Out BT Rep: +3
    Well there are ways to get around the activation if you are on a mac or PC.
    Note that this is for education purposes only hehe
    WINDOWS
    After you install the program (adobe CS3), open up the directory where you installed the file. Probably: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS3

Open the folder AMT, and find application.sif
    Rename it to anything... like: application.sif_

You're done! Check out the CS3, and it shouldn't ask you for activation anymore.
    Now, only use this if you have 'lost' your Original Adobe CS2 serial, or for whatever reason cannot use it to activate Adobe CS3.

By the way, the new 'quick selection tool' is really awesome. It's like the magic wand but better!
    Last edited by Dedalus^; 01-03-2007 at 02:50 PM.

7. News (Archive)   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedalus^ View Post
    Well there are ways to get around the activation if you are on a mac or PC.
    Note that this is for education purposes only hehe
    WINDOWS
    After you install the program (adobe CS3), open up the directory where you installed the file. Probably: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS3

Open the folder AMT, and find application.sif
    Rename it to anything... like: application.sif_

You're done! Check out the CS3, and it shouldn't ask you for activation anymore.
    Now, only use this if you have 'lost' your Original Adobe CS2 serial, or for whatever reason cannot use it to activate Adobe CS3.

By the way, the new 'quick selection tool' is really awesome. It's like the magic wand but better!
    thanks for sharing.

will give it a try.

8. News (Archive)   -   #8
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Looks pretty nice!

9. News (Archive)   -   #9
    Fulanito's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    I love Photoshop, watching the vid thanxx
    " I didn't want to become Peruvian, i just got lucky "

No preocupetion mister! A mi los Apaches me apapachan!
    Once a noob, always a noob!

10. News (Archive)   -   #10
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    i'm pretty no0b when it cumz to photoshop anything. i always start to do something inside the prog then i mess it up and can't get it to do what i want it to do or look like that is. meh, needs me one of those dumbiez books.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast